Parenting after a Loss

I missed the "You" PIPfest

I missed the post, so I'm posting now.  I've been on our board so much lately that it would be weird to not post (thanks to Brooke I came out of lurkerdom).  If you missed out earlier, post your picture here.

This was taken yesterday from DH's Crackberry.  We were at Starbucks getting our fix.imageas

Re: I missed the "You" PIPfest

• SO cute.  When are you guys leaving?
  • Two weeks!  I'm a nervous wreck...and really excited.  Trying to plan a baptism from overseas and pack for Yianni and myself is mindboggling, but I'm so happy for all of the encouragement from the nesties.  I'll post from Greece and from the ship.  I'm a nest addict.  I'll nest from DH's cabin when Y's napping. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I dedicate my bronze status to Brooke.  I'm Brooke Bronze.  :) 
  • Lol!

I don't envy packing for overseas.  I swear I packed K's whole closet.  Fortunately DH was flying back home so I sent 3/4 of our stuff home realizing I didn't need it.  Of course then K had a blowout today.  If he does that everyday I don't have enough clothes!!  Fortunately I don't have that much of a wardrobe right now, so my packing was "limited" (or more limited than usual!).

• I'm notorious for overpacking, but that is not going to happen for me with a baby.  I'm doing the whole neutral thing.  Trying to keep it simple, but it's hard with a baptism dress and some other dresses for dinner.  Thank goodness we took the formula, diapers, and some other stuff to the ship before it sailed for Europe. 

As for Y, he's growing so fast and out of sizes that I have to pack more than I thought.  He gained 1.5 lbs in two weeks!  I think it's because he's swollen, bloated, constipated from his allergy adventure.  Plus, we're going to a few different climates.  I guess layers is key.

How was the TSA, did you take formula cans in your carry on?  Anything for medicinal purposes doesn't count toward liquid, right?  I know no water until after security.  Any other tips?

• Take a couple outfits for the plane in the event of a blow out.  And take a few more diapers than you think is even remotely possible to use.  I ran out.  Formula went through ok as did gripe water.  We bought water once we were through security.  I loved having a seat for him with his car seat, but it was a b*tch to cart with us... and will be worse when I am alone. 
  • Can you put the car seat on the stroller and bjorn Kellen? 

Thanks for the diaper tip.  It's going to be a LONG two flights.  9 hrs to Frankfurt, layover, then 3 hrs to Athens.  I'm hoping we get the Lufthansa bassinet to Frankfurt.  Y's a giant, but he will fit in that one. 

I'm flying BA home and they have Britax chairs for older/bigger babies.  We reserved one.  I did buy a less expensive car seat to take (we need it for Athens) on the plane just in case a seat is available.  I think you can ask at check in if there is an available seat.

As for flying alone, I was terrified, so jokingly we invited my neighbor to come along and she took us up on it!  She's coming for two cruises and flying home with me.  I'm excited!  I don't know her that well, but Yianni loves her and she used to teach special ed for years in New York and her daughter has infant twins.  She has a lot of GERD baby practice.  Yay!  We'll have time to bond on the ship.

• How about gogowheels?  We took ours back and bought the extra lightweight car seat; it was cheaper than the gogowheels.
  • We checked the stroller down to CA.  I think I will gate check it flying home.  I also bought a rolling carry on and bag that fits on the handle.  That should really help.  Mostly I need something for my electronics.  Because of the baby I don't have time to do anything else on the plane!
  • K, you are gorgeous and omg I can't believe what a little man Yianni is!!! He is getting so grown up and is soooo adorable. MSPI be damned!!
  • What a GORGEOUS picture!!!!! You two look so cute and so happy together -- I love it!!
  • that is seriously SUCH a cute pic!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"