TTC After a Loss
Options

question

I just mc and was wanting to know what a safe time to wait before we ttc again? My Dr. said to wait at least a month but I have been told longer by other people. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: question

• Options
    1 month is typical for physical reasons, and mostly to date your next pregnancy.  Some doctors say 3 months and thats mostly for emotional healing.  After a month, its up to you and your husband what you guys are comfortable with.  Sorry about your loss, and best of luck when you decide to start trying :)
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree with Emma. Most dr's will tell you to wait till your first af post m/c but mostly only to be able to date things more accurately if you do get pg again right away. Some will tell you to wait 3mos before ttc, but in the end it is really up to you. You know your body best and you will know when you are ready to ttc again. Research has shown that waiting or not waiting does not raise your risk of another m/c.This is all different if it was a late loss though...

Best of luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My doc told me to wait until after my first AF.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks again!  You guys are such a big help!!!
  • Options

imageNewMommy2Bee21:
    Thanks again!  You guys are such a big help!!!

anytime!  Tahts what we are here for!  We're pretty fun too

***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I see that!  I am just so happy that I found this website!!  LOL I am addicted to it!!!

• Options
    I was told to wait one cycle. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker M/C #1 - BFP 12/28/2008. Confirmed m/c at 6wks - blighted ovum on 1/9/2009. M/C #2 - BFP 6/16/2009. Confirmed m/c at 7wks - blighted ovum on 7/1/2009.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"