Infertility

C&P: m/c bleeding after D&C question

C&P from Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss.  I'm freaking out, so I'm C&P here to maybe find someone else that's been through this (unfortunately) and that can maybe give me some advice.

This might be TMI for some, so if that bothers you, please feel free to skip. 

I had a D&C 2 weeks ago at 8 weeks after finding out that our twins had stopped growing at 6w3d.  I had light pink spotting the day of and day after my D&C and then nothing until 6 days after when I started bleeding heavily (like the heaviest part of my period) with all bright red blood.  I went to my RE and he said I had a 2cm x 4cm clot on my uterine wall and that I would probably continue to bleed until I passed that clot.

Fast forward to today.  Since then, I've been having the heavy bleeding almost every day, with only tiny specks of clots.  This evening I started having increased pain and I passed 3-4 large (think golf ball to small baseball size) clots and still am having strong pains and heavier bleeding.  I have an appointment in the morning with my RE to check my beta again and have another u/s but this is completely freaking me out.  I'm in so much pain, but I'm not using a pad an hour, which is what my RE told me to watch out for and go to the ER if it started happening.

Does this still sound normal for two weeks post-D&C?  How long has this gone on for those of you that have had to go through this?  

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: C&P: m/c bleeding after D&C question

• My D&C was a Wed. I only had a little bleeding the first few days, but I didn't do much but lay around. That Sunday we went out to a drugstore and to eat. On the way to the eat I had horrible pains and when we got there I ran to the bathroom and totally had a huge clot, baseball size! I was totally freaked out. No one told me that would happen. It was horrible, all I had on was a panty liner. I had to clean the stall. We ordered and then I felt bad again and passed another one in the bathroom and then we left with the food to go. I bled for almost a month, light, heavy, light, heavy till just spotting.
    You should talk to your RE in the morning. I don't remember it being too heavy 2 weeks later. Can you call the on call line if you are worried? Sorry if my response was long, but I too was so freaked out that day. I totally called the nurse in tears and she said it was normal. She did offer to call a scrip in for me for pain, but by then I was feeling better. Maybe they can do the same for you if you have a 24hr drugstore. I hope your appt goes okay.
  • Thanks for your response.  I called my oncall nurse earlier this evening when I started having pain to ask if I could take one of the Darvocet's I had left over from ER.  She told me that pain, bleeding (not more than 1 pad/hour) and clots were normal and to only worry if the pain was completely unbearable or I started bleeding enough to hit the pad/hour rule.

I took my second Darvocet and I'm still having some pretty bad pain but I'm going to try to hold out until tomorrow morning to see what's going on.  This just seems to be off that two weeks later I'm having this heavy bleeding so consistently.   This sucks that any of us have to go through this. :(

• Loading the player...
  • I am sorry you are in so much pain. It is weird to have it so much after the D&C. It really does suck. I was happy for like a minute and then it was just gone 2 weeks later. After we saw the heartbeat I thought we were good. It's so unfair to have a m/c after IF. I mean m/c suck for all, but it's just super sucky for us.
  • I'm so sorry you're dealing with this! I never passed clots that big, but I did have heavy bleeding and cramping sporadically for 2-3 weeks after my D&C. I think I finally stopped spotting by 3 weeks afterwards.

Hope it stops soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just wanted to let you ladies know I'm okay since you were just so sweet.  :)  My RE did an u/s this morning and said that everything was gone and that the clot he saw last time probably grew much more and that's what ended up causing so much pain last night.  I feel better this morning, so here's hoping that it's passed.

-hugs-  to you guys.  This is just so unfair and I hope that all of us never have to go through this again. 

• I'm so sorry - I'm glad you got to see the RE this morning. My situation was similar to yours but opposite order - 6w5d and missed m/c...then misoprostol with 2+ weeks of heavy bleeding, THEN the D&C. It's scary to pass clots that big, really unnerving - I'm sorry you had to go through it. Take care (((HUGS)))
    B/G twins!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"