Trying to Get Pregnant

Do you think this manager did the right thing?

Re: Do you think this manager did the right thing?

• I can understand why they'd cut her off after one beer, but I don't see why they should have kicked her out..

is it just me, or does the bar look like a church??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think if she would have stopped drinking they would have let her stay but she kept trying to get more beer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • though i don't agree with what she was doing, it is her own choice, not a random person's....  family, her doctor.. sure, they can correct her. not strangers.

though if i were the manager, i'd probably do the same thing.  regardless of whether it's my place.  :P  but i'm bossy like that.

• I struggled with answering this one.  On one hand, she seems like a sensible woman, who just wanted a little beer.  It wasn't like she was knocking them back.

On the other hand, the manager has the right to refuse service to anyone.  If his morals say don't let a pregnant woman drink, and doesn't want a pregnant woman drinking in his establishment, that's his perogative. 

• with the way people are so sue-happy and bat ass crazy, i would have kicked her out too, not for her baby's sake sadly, but for my own. ?i'd be afraid the crazy biitch would sue me when her baby comes out less than perfect.?
  • Wow, that's a hard one.  I'm not really sure.  I don't know if it should be their responsibility to tell her what she can and can't do.  On the other hand, I support the right to not serve people for good reason.  Maybe they could have handled it differently?  I don't know... tuff spot to be in.
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageloloindiego:

I can understand why they'd cut her off after one beer, but I don't see why they should have kicked her out..

is it just me, or does the bar look like a church??

Glo can probably back this up...a lot of the bars in the UK are converted from churches, hahahaha.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think its her choice however if she already had a pint and was getting another, then enough is enough already. 

I took a serve safe course in college when I bartended in RI and I was told that we could NOT serve a pregnant woman because the minor child (in utero) was not of legal drinking age..random I know

• imageskinnursemandee:

we could NOT serve a pregnant woman because the minor child (in utero) was not of legal drinking age..random I know

:lol:  Now that's a clever way to get around it. 

BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I don't think I would feel comfortable serving an obviously pregnant woman alcohol. I don't think there's a need to make a scene in kicking her out, but I would probably refuse to serve her in those circumstances.

• imagekit4485:
    with the way people are so sue-happy and bat ass crazy, i would have kicked her out too, not for her baby's sake sadly, but for my own.  i'd be afraid the crazy biitch would sue me when her baby comes out less than perfect.

that's true.. I didn't think about that aspect. Some crazies out there would sue for something like this.

I'd be more concerned though for the bars who let people smoke in them.. and pregnant ladies just hanging out around the second hand smoke! That seems to probably happen a lot more than a pregnant lady ordering a beer.. but I'm sure it's more harmful to the baby than the beer.

• It's rude and outrageous to think that a pregnant woman would go to a bar and drink. I understand a glass of wine at home, or at a dinner, but a pint of beer is too much. She SAYS it was a one time thing, but we have to take her on her word until the baby is born.

I don't want to stop drinking when I get pregnant, but that's what a responsible mother does. Having a child means you'll make sacrifices in life and if you can't make one that petty and small, how on Earth do you expect to be able to make the big decisions in life. " Gee I need to buy diapers/formula/milk for the baby, BUT my friends invited me out to the bar tonight. I guess the baby can go without."

If she's not smart enough to make those decisions for herself, then someone needs to make them for her. If the baby IS born with FAS, who is going to cover all the medical costs. The public will have to absorb those costs, so it's our choice to tell her she can't endanger her baby.

• Rereading what had happened I do think the manager did the right thing. The lady had already drank a pint and a half. She was ordering another one. That is a bit to much. I think a glass of wine is ok while pregnant but not drinking that much. I think that is really irresponsible.
    My life is so full of love! Lilypie First Birthday tickers Surviving The Wyoming Wind
  • I don't think it was the managers right to kick them out. They made a choice not to serve her, but she is of legal age so they can't be held liable for her choosing to take a drink of someone else's beer.

Regardless, I don't understand why having that drink was so important to her. If she already had one pint and was denied another was she that hard up for more that she had to get a sip from her friend???

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• i think that was a little over the top. i was actually thinking about this earlier today, i know bartenders are supposed to cut off drunk customers, but can they legally just stop serving anyone they want?
  • Bartenders have the right to refuse service and they don't have to give a reason.  I think everyone knows my stance on drinking an pregnancy, so I won't rehash it.
    ?Transatlantic Blonde?
    it's called a kilt, he's scottish
  • imagekit4485:
    with the way people are so sue-happy and bat ass crazy, i would have kicked her out too, not for her baby's sake sadly, but for my own. ?i'd be afraid the crazy biitch would sue me when her baby comes out less than perfect.
    TTC since 8/2012

• imagekit4485:
    with the way people are so sue-happy and bat ass crazy, i would have kicked her out too, not for her baby's sake sadly, but for my own. ?i'd be afraid the crazy biitch would sue me when her baby comes out less than perfect.
    TTC since 8/2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"