Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Is everyone prepared in case the worm launches?

I don't know if everyone has heard about the nasty worm that's set to launch tomorrow that may be on your comp without you knowing it but I saw this article and thought it was pretty useful. My comp booted into safe mode which I guess it won't do if the software is on your computer but I'm running the windows scan and backing up my hard drive just in case. Doesn't hurt to play it safe.

Since we all run amock on virus ridden diaper swappers I thought I'd throw this out there:  https://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/132464

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is everyone prepared in case the worm launches?

• Options
    can macs get worms :[
  • Options
    I don't know about worms in general but the article said that macs are not vulnerable to this particular threat so I'd say you're good!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They can get them but the article says Macs are safe from this particular worm .
  • Options

imageKHoekstra:
    They can get them but the article says Macs are safe from this particular worm .

woohoo! one less thing to worry about!

• Options
    imagetreesapplaud:

imageKHoekstra:

woohoo! one less thing to worry about!

In general hackers & nasty people who write these kinds of programs dont typically target Macs but with Macs becoming so popular and widespread it's only a matter of time before we see viruses written to take us down too :(
  • Options

Thanks for the panic :(

• Options
    Hmmm....and tomorrow is April Fools day too right? Hmm.....
  • Options
    imagethejennigirl:

Thanks for the panic :(

Yea thanks! Crying

"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." -- Rabindranath Tagore Recycling is like laughter, it's contagious! Invite all your friends!" Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Options
    I'm running the scan now and backing up too.  Thanks for the link!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagesmurfetteinred:
    I don't know about worms in general but the article said that macs are not vulnerable to this particular threat so I'd say you're good!

SWEET!?

47 months &
    11 months
  • Options

imagerik20101:

good point!?

47 months &
    11 months
  • Options
    imageluvlieK:

imagerik20101:

good point! 

It's not an april fools thing - it's definitely legit. They've been talking about this worm for as long as I can remember. It's been news since last year it had just slipped my mind until I saw the news posts about it earlier. It's potentially really devastating. There IS a very good chance that the creators won't launch the program tomorrow as it's set up to do but wait for awhile until people have forgotten about it. But better safe than sorry. 

Sorry for upsetting people. I just thought I'd get the word out if you didn't know so you could fix it beforehand especially since that bs that's going on on ds sounds suspiciously like one of the ways the program has been known to install.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"