Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Temper Tantrums?!

At 10 months. ?Really? ?Maybe I'm going insane from being in lock down since Friday, but I swear Taylor has been having tantrums all day! ?I know she's teething, and I know she doesn't feel well, but these are all out tantrums because she doesn't get what she wants (ie, dogfood, computer, remote, etc.) ?She screams and screams, and then stops immediately when she's done.

Anyone else with this? ?I'm not used to this! ?Normally she almost never cries. ?It's crazy. Sometimes I kind of giggle at them, but eventually it will get really old :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Temper Tantrums?!

• DD started this in the last week or so. They are oh so much fun.
    I thought we'd have a little bit longer.
  • Yep, it started early like that with Emma too. It only gets louder and longer! LOL

I bet though alot of it has to do with the fact that she's been sick and that would make anyone cranky.  Hang in there!

• Loading the player...
  • YES.  I thought it was because she's popping a tooth, but holy cow.  Talk about Grumpilicious Cute sometimes.  I just sit there and look at her, there's not much else I can do for her if she throws everything I try to distract her with.  Sheesh.  Where did my sweet girl go?
  • Oh yeah, now I have 2 throwing tantrums... fun times.
  • Alright. Good to know we're not the only ones :D
  • Yup we have them here too.  I took my keys from him yesterday and I think that was the worst tantrum to date.

Good times!!! LOL 

• oh yes i remember the start of the temper tantrums- Mason didn't get what he wanted so he'd throw a fit, i'd ignore him so he would PURPOSELY look at me, then hit his head hard enough on the floor (all on purpose let me remind u!) to where he would really be in pain, so of course the 'not fair' cry turns into the 'hurt' cry where i would have to console him. UGH. at least now being 2 he understands if he cries over something silly, I'll tell him "if you are going to cry, you can go sit in time out and really cry!"?

I SWEAR that 'terrible 2's" is not when they turn 2, but that 2nd official year between 1 and 2 when they're learning to communicate, etc. ?

Gavin & April married 6.26.04
  • I agree with April.....Hudson was the same exact way and it started around 1, not 2...I think that's why it's called the terrible two's. As in plural, because it starts earlier than two and lasts MUCH longer too, ha! Hudson still can throw some major fits, but they have evolved, lol! You just never know what you are going to get actually.
  • I'm starting to see them now and she's only 7 months.  It usually when you take the remote control away.  My mom thinks it's funny, payback sucks 6]
  • Oh, yes. ?We are right there with you!
  • Um yeah.  She throws a fit and then looks at me to make sure I"m watching.  The funniest one was when I told her she couldn't play in the dog water bowl so she sat right next to it and flung her arms up and down and baby yelled at me while trying to inch closer and closer to the dog bowl.  Everytime she would look at me and I would say NO she started the flinging again. Fun times. 
    DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagelizzyjames:
    Um yeah.? She throws a fit and then looks at me to make sure I"m watching.? The funniest one was when I told her she couldn't play in the dog water bowl so she sat right next to it and flung her arms up and down and baby?yelled at?me while trying to inch closer and closer to the dog bowl.? Everytime she would look at me and I would say?NO she started the flinging again.?Fun times.?

LOL, Taylor did this exact thing today. ?What is it with the dogfood water/bowls??

?

• Oh yeah Sophia's tantrums started around then too. I was so not prepared for them to start so early.
    Sophia Kate 3.31.08 BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagenybride0705:
    I'm starting to see them now and she's only 7 months.  It usually when you take the remote control away.  My mom thinks it's funny, payback sucks 6]

I'm in this boat! DD started temper tantrums at least a month ago if not more. Her first ones were from me going in her room and turning on the nap time music. She'd hear it and start screaming and flailing on the ground. Now they're all mainly from me not allowing her to do or touch something. Maybe if they start early, they'll stop early too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"