Austin Babies
Options

Will is here!

After giving his mommy and daddy the scare of a lifetime, William Matthew finally made his arrival!! He was born via emergency c-section on Saturday, 3/28/09, at 7:36pm. (Sorry for not contacting you Christi - my phone got left at home in all the rush and DH forgot to get it when he went to get our bags).

Now for the story! The contractions continued and got stronger on Saturday, but not closer together. Around 1:00, I decided to go shopping and try to get things moving. I got to Target (by myself, of course!) and my vision got VERY blurry all of a sudden. I checked out, called Labor and Delivery, and they wanted me to head in ASAP. I drove myself home, got DH, and we rushed over there because the blurriness was now accompanied by a headache. 

They admitted me and took my blood pressure, which was normal. They were going to discharge me, but just wanted to watch me on the monitors for awhile. Every time I had a contraction, his heart rate dropped down low and took awhile to come back up. After being monitored for about an hour, the on-call OB came in and said that she was going to induce me because she just didn't feel comfortable sendng me home. I still hadn't progressed at all (1-2 cm, 40-50% effaced), so she was going to insert a foley bulb to manually dilate my cervix. She wasn't comfortable using cytotec because she wasn't sure how Will would handle it and couldn't take it away once she started it. DH went home to get our bags, assuming I'd be in labor on Pitocin for hours! I asked to go to the bathroom before the foley bulb was inserted, so they unhooked me from the monitors. When I got back, Will's heart rate wasn't even registering...I was flipped to my left side before I even knew what was going on and I had an oxygen mask on. Slowly his heart rate came back up...it was perhaps the SCARIEST thing ever! I was bawling, my husband wasn't there, and nurses and doctors were rushing around me everywhere.

Thankfully his heart rate was fine, as long as I wasn't having a contraction. The OB said, "Well, he just told us he wasn't going to tolerate labor, so we're going to do a c-section." I didn't really care at that point - whatever got him out safely and quickly was fine with me. Since his HR was steady, they were able to wait for DH to turn around and get back to the hospital, then they took me in and did the spinal and got things started. 

The c-section process was not fun for me. I shook uncontrollably the entire time, I felt like I couldn't breathe because my chest was numb, and I got incredibly claustrophobic feeling. The anesthesiologist and DH were wonderful in keeping me calm and once Will was out I was too preoccupied looking at my cutie to be too panicked! :)

Will was born on 3/28/09 at 7:36pm weighing 8 pounds 12 ounces and is 21 inches long. He is completely and totally perfect!! He's a great mix of me and DH - he has my nose, chin, and lips, DH's fingers, toes, ears, and eye shape. He has blue eyes and the jury is still out on his hair color - it looks like it might fall out and grow back in blonde!

I'm doing alright...recovery is tough, but not nearly as bad as I'd imagined it would be. Breastfeeding is going really well too...Will is a great eater and latched on right away.

Here are a couple pictures - I'll post a bunch more on my blog later tonight!

ETA: We feel SO lucky that I had blurry vision earlier in the day and went in. God was watching out for our precious little boy. I can't even imagine what could've happened if I hadn't gone in. So all you pg girls...don't ignore symptoms,even if you think they're silly and you're being a crazy first time mommy.

Re: Will is here!

• Options
    We've been wondering about you! Congrats on your precious baby boy. You had a pretty scary experience, but I'm glad it all turned out ok!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Those cheeks are TOO precious!! He's gorgeous, congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    oh goodness! i'm so glad everything turned out okay!! we'll forgive you for not keeping us in the loop Wink he's a cutie! look at those cheeks!!
  • Options
    Aw, he's adorable! congrats on the healthy (albeit very scary!) delivery and your beautiful baby boy!
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Options

Oh my goodness - what an ordeal!  So happy that everything is fine, and thank God for little signs telling you something's not quite right.

He's absolutely beautiful!  Congratulations!

• Options
    He's adorable! I'm sorry you had such a scary day on Saturday but I"m so happy that everything turned out ok.
  • Options

Libby, he is just the cutest thing ever, congrats!! I am so glad that everything turned out well and that baby and mommmy are both healthy and happy. So sorry for your scary experience but so happy that you were in tune enough with your pg to know that things were not right.

Can't wait to see more pics, I just want to eat his cheeks up!

Photobucket
  • Options
    Wow, Libby!!  That sounded like it was pretty scary but sooo glad everything turned out a-ok.  Congrats on the arrival of Will - he's a cutie!  LMK if you need anything at all - I'm a few minutes away!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations!! What a cutie. I'm glad everything turned out okay!
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options
    I can't even imagine how scary that was for you and DH. I am glad that everything turned out fine and you now have a great lil boy in your arms.
    CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

Oh my goodness...look at those cheeks!!!  He's adorable!  Congratulations!

:-)

• Options

Congratulations!  He is absolutely adorable!

• Options
    Congrats Libby!  Will is ADORABLE!  What a big guy!  He's so cute!  I'm so glad that things worked out for you - the whole situation just sounds really frightening and I'm glad that both you, and Will, are ok!  Thanks for posting pictures!  Keep us updated! :)  Congrats again!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats on your healthy, handsome son! Sorry it was such a scary experience, but so glad he's here and doing well!!!
    ??
  • Options
    Wow, that was definitely a scary experience.  I am glad he is here safe and sound and that breastfeeding is going well so far.  Congratulations!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yay! Congrats on your sweet baby boy!

• Options
    He's adorable!  Congratulations!  So glad everything ended up ok in the end!  And I hope you have a speedy recovery!
  • Options
    Congrats!  I'm so happy for you :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    what a cute and chubby little newborn!  Congrats!
    imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • Options
    He is precious Libby!  Congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats! Glad to hear he made it into the world safe and sound.
  • Options
    I am SO glad you all are ok!!!!  Welcome Will!  I love the pic of him in the blue hat.  Adorable!
  • Options

OMG, what a crazy ride!

SO glad that all is well and you listened to your body.  He's just TOO cute, those cheeks are already soooo pinch-able!

I had the same reaction (uncontrollable shaking) to my epi, so I hear ya on that!

Congratulations - he's just perfect!!!

• Options
    agranagran member

So Cute!!  He's not helping my baby fever one little bit!

Congrats! 

Married October 28, 2006, TTC since March 2009 IUI #1-8 w/ clomid = BFN
    IVF # 1 May, 2011 = BFP!!! Stillbirth at 26 weeks (placental failure/severe IUGR)
    FET #1 February, 2012-- BFP! Beta #1=84 Beta #2= 207 Beta #3= 3,526 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Our Rainbow Baby is on the Way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations on your adorable new bundle!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    wow... what an ordeal! I'm glad mommy and baby are ok! Congrats!
  • Options
    Oh my! That does sound scary! ?But I'm glad it all turned out alright and he is here! ?He is adorable! ?Enjoy! ?Congrats! ?Take care, Kristen
  • Options
    What a cutie! ?Congrats, and I'm glad you are both okay.
  • Options
    Congrats on your beautiful little boy and kudos to you and your dh for handling such a scary situation!
  • Options
    What an amazing birth story--so happy you and Will are doing well!! Great pictures :)
    Jennifer--
    imageimageimage
  • Options

Congrats! He's adorable and what a story! You had a sign from God to get to the hospital. Your story brought back memories of Shelby's birth. Very similar and it is crazy about the shaking during surgery, huh? I thought I'd shake myself right off the operating table! Good thing you didn't! :-)

Can't wait to hear more about this beautiful little boy! 

• Options
    Congrats!  I'm glad you're both safe and sound!  What a cutie!!
  • Options
    WHAT a CUTIE!!  I'm sorry it was so scary for you, but glad you are all okay!  Congrats to you and your little family!!
  • Options
    What a cutie!! Congratulations and i'm glad everything turned out okay after such a scare. you are completely right to give the advice not to ignore symptoms. all too often we think we don't want to "bother them again" but you gotta go with your instincts!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!  What a little sweetie - he is too cute!  So glad you are all doing well.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Kennedy Clover 7.14.08, Atalie Ryan 1.25.10
  • Options
    What a story. I'm so glad you and Will are both okay. Congratulations to you and your DH and Happy Birthday Will! How neat that he and Luke share a birthday. Party!!! Good job getting through all the scariness.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!  He is adorable!
  • Options
    2H2L2H2L member
    How scary! I'm so glad it turned out well and your handsome little guy is doing just fine. :)  I think I'm in your area...let me know if you need anything or I can help in anyway and GL with recovery. Smile
  • Options
    Congrats on your baby boy!  He's a cutie! 
    imageimage
  • Options
    huge congrats on that cute little boy!!!  What a crazy experience, but I'm so glad everything turned out for the best. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"