Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Shoveling food into his mouth- when will it end?

I live in constant fear of him choking. It's hilarious to watch but obviously scary. At lightning speed he puts as many pieces into his mouth as possible. He looks like he's in a food eating contest. I try to explain 1 at a time but he just keeps piling it in. I'd hate to regress and go back to giving him one piece at a time. For the record he has never choked on any of it.

Please tell me they outgrow this nonsense.

Re: Shoveling food into his mouth- when will it end?

• Wait, so... this is NOT how you and DH eat?  hehe, I kid.  I wish I knew because I have a shoveler, too.  Sooo lovely.
  • I've seen him get more than 5 goldfish into his mouth before I can cross the room. And my rooms aren't that big.

• Loading the player...
  • I have a shoveler too! Remember the game "Hungry-Hungry Hippo?" He "rakes" all the food in with his hands, it remiinds me of that game somehow, and then double-fists it into his mouth. My other two eat normally.. I really hope he grows out of it!
  • My DS does this too!  He fits as much as he can hold in his cheeks and then trys to take a drink from his sippy.  I have to ration his food out in small amt.s 
  • Lol!  This post makes me laugh. I have a shoveler too and it cracks me up but I also worry about her choking. 
  • I am still waiting, I will let you know when it happens, if it happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"