Cincinnati Babies

Moms of two or soon to be two....

What are you doing with a stroller? Double? Sit and Stand?

I haven't really done my homework about this one but was curious what direction you all are taking....

Thanks!!

Re: Moms of two or soon to be two....

• Oh, I could write volumes on this subject! I actually have, in repsonse to Kessler's previous posts :-)

In summary, my girls are 18 months apart and so I wanted an actual double they could both sit in. I really wanted something compatible with our SnugRide (so that I wouldn't have to take the baby in and out of her carseat) but that extremely limited our options. I didn't like the Graco doubles at all (see adamsbabble's post a few below) so we ended up with a Zooper Tango (got used off craigslist). I really LOVE our stroller, it's super nice, well made, cute, tons of nice features, drives like a dream - but - now that Piper is older and wants to walk more often I've been kind of wishing we had a Sit n' Stand.

IMO there is no perfect double stroller. Just think long and hard about what you'll be using it for, the ages of your kids, what features are important to you, and do your research (but try not to drive yourself crazy with it like I did!)

GL!

• So far.. nothing. Rylee NEVER used a stoller and I am still wearing Parker. So right now I am not using anything. I do think that I might get a sit and stand in hopes that Parker might actually be a kid who would use a stroller. Don't know for sure.

Hum.... maybe I should look into one before the March for Babies walk

• Loading the player...
  • I have been doing a lot of research on this and I think we are going with the sit and stand, DD really doesn't like sitting in a stroller now so we figure this is the best option so she can sit or stand in the back and have the baby up front in the carseat. We are probably getting the Baby Trend sit and stand. I looked into the Joovy ultralight which is great for being 17lbs but the complaints I read was that the older DC has little room to sit in the back when there is a car seat in the front. It looked uncomfortable in pics I saw. The Baby Trend is a little heavier at around 25lbs and longer but I like the bigger storage basket underneath and more room for DD in the back plus cup holders for me. Joovy doesn't have parent cup holders.

There is also the Baby Trend that has two seats and can also be converted to a sit and stand too so that is also an option.

• We are debating on this situation.  I did not like the fact that the Graco was big and bulky and I would not be able ot easily get it in and out of the car.  I have also thought about whether or not I want to get the baby in and out of the carseat or not.  DS doesn't mind the stroller but we don't use it that often really so I am not positive yet.  I used the stroller tons when he was in his carseat but not as much now.  I carry him most of the time now.  I am also trying to decide if I want a front and back or a side by side...decisions decisions!!!!  Sorry no help!  I am looking forward to some responses!
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• We also really like the Baby Trend Deluxe Sit-N-Stand--it can be used as a regular double stroller with 2 stroller seats, or the back seat can come out and then it's a sit-n-stand.  The only thing is that I cannot find whether or not the backseat is elevated and that is VERY important to me.  I mean if you were the kid in back, it would stink to just be staring at the back of the other stroller.  The Graco Duoglider and the Kolcraft Contours are two others that I'm very interested in.  Both have the elevated backseat and get good ratings.  The Graco Quattro Tour is popular and would be a very nice option if not for being HUGE.  I mean, I realize that all double strollers are going to be big and there is no way around that--and like Alison said, there is no perfect stroller out there--but for pete's sake, the Quattro Tour is the biggest thing ever.  I am inclined to just get the Graco Duoglider since I know it will work well with our infant carseat (the Snugride) but then again, we won't be using the infant seat with the stroller forever, only for a few months.  I would go with the Baby Trend Deluxe Sit-n-Stand hands down if I could figure out if the backseat is elevated.  Basically I am still undecided but the features I am looking for are that it works with my infant carseat, elevated backseat and isn't the biggest, bulkiest option out there.  Sit-n-stand feature is not of extreme importance to me, b/c if Ava is actually out of the stroller, I don't see us making her sit on the bench thingy, but I can take it or leave it.

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• imageZoogy:

There is also the Baby Trend that has two seats and can also be converted to a sit and stand too so that is also an option.

This is the one that we have.  I really like that it converts.  Mason is nowhere ready to walk on his own yet, so we'll be getting lots of use out of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"