Preemies

vitamin question

Reese was put on a multivitamin when we left the hospital.  We were instructed to give it to her in 20cc of breastmilk, burp her and then give her the rest of her bottle.  When we burp her, it all seems to come up.  (The stuff is nasty looking and smelling, so its no wonder she spits it up!)  I'm wondering if I need to give it to her in 2 doses instead of one big one?!? has anyone else had this problem?!?  I'm waiting to hear back from the pedi but any advice would be appreciated! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: vitamin question

• For a long time we had to split Brandon's vitamin up between 2 bottles. I put it in an ounce each time to disguise the taste. Now that he is a little older I can give him it in one two ounce bottle and he keeps it down fine.
    Conceived twins with IVF January 2008. Lost baby a at 20 1/2 weeks due to premature rupture of membranes and held onto baby b. Baby b (Brandon) born at 26 weeks and 1 day on July 5, 2008. Wesley born full term on June 29, 2011. My blog http://karenandstu.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • We give DS .5 ml every 12 hours in either an ounce of BM or water.  He does seem to spit some of it up too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    IVF 1=BFP, beta #1 8dp5dt 24, beta #2 12dp5dt 50, beta #3 14dp5dt 88.9
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Weishaars' World
  • Loading the player...
  • We just squirt it into his mouth - he used to hate it and now at 13 months, gets excited for it!
  • My little guy gets .5 ml and I give it to him with about 20-30 ml of BM to make sure he drinks it all. ?The burps after are really gross! ?:-/ ?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"