Cincinnati Babies
Options

Graco Duoglider Stroller?

Does anyone have this stroller?  I had my double stroller choices narrowed down, but somehow I had never heard of this one until recently so now I'm back at it again with the double stroller research. 

Since we have a Graco Snugride infant carseat, we obviously looked at doubles by Graco first (the Quattro Tour and another double by Graco that I can't remember the name of) but ruled both out, the main reason being that they were huge and for the price they just weren't the best overall option.  However the duoglider is smaller and the price for the one I like comes in below our stroller budget!  Things I like about it: it is the same manufacturer as our infant carseat so we'll definitely have no problem using the two together and the backseat is elevated which is a feature I had overlooked before but that will definitely be of importance once Charlotte is out of the infant seat and they are both riding in regular stroller seats.  That seems more important to me than the sit-n-stand feature that I was thinking of going with before (which now that I think about it, I don't even see us using that feature b/c if Ava is out of the stroller, it's because she wants to walk/explore--and if it's necessary for her to be in the stroller, then the regular seat is fine). 

Also, I just think this one is nicer looking than the others I was considering--not that that is of major consideration but is important to me nonetheless :)  Our carseat will look nice with it too since it is a black/gray solid pattern.  Here is a pic of the stroller:

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has this stroller or has looked into it and what you know about it?  Pros/cons?  How do Gracos steer/ride?  We had the Snap & Go by Graco for Ava and I thought it was fine, maybe not top of the line, but still a good stroller by all means.

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

Re: Graco Duoglider Stroller?

• Options

They do have some nice features and the price is great, and this was actually the one we were planning on getting (mostly due to compatibility with our SnugRide) - until I tried it out at BRU and HATED it. It felt huge and was heavy and a major pain to steer (and that was without a baby or kid in it). Some people like them, but I'd definitely recommend you go try one out (luckily this is one brand/model that you will definitely be able to try at BRU, unlike many of the doubles you find online).

As much as I love our Zooper, I'm starting to wish we did get a Sit n' Stand. I felt like Piper was too young for it right when Kady was born (she was 18 months) but now I think it would be better for her than getting into a regular stroller seat, which she hates. It would also be more convenient for us than getting her in and out of a regular seat, since the main places we use our double are places she wants to walk some too, like the mall, museum, etc. Just my input!

• Options
    I saw one at Sears last weekend and really liked it.  It was also only like $89.  I put it next to our Graco Quattro Tour stroller and it was the same length, which surprised me.  It seemed pretty light.  I have been really paying attention to double strollers when we've been out lately for some reason, lol.  I am not ready for baby #2, but maybe subliminally I'm telling myself otherwise.  I even said to Ryan today at BRU, "why do I keep looking at double strollers??"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have one and it's okay.  Not my favorite but it gets the job done.  I don't think it's hard to push or control, even with two toddlers.  I had my 5 year old twin nieces in it the other day as we walked around the block and they didn't complain.  I like the stadium seating feature so that the child in the back can see as well.  It's kind of bulky but most tandems are.  I prefer the Chicco SBS double stroller but that doesn't work as well for you with an infant. 
    imageimage
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"