Washington Babies

****m&m823******

I just got back from my tour and loved it! I really liked the philosophy, they seem to have a nurturing culture, the pricing is great (especially compared to what we are paying currently). It's a new building, built green, they have great projects planned for the kids - although they do have to follow through on all the big ideas they have.  I think we're going to give it a go.  The only issue, for you that is, the starting age is 18 months.

I had no idea I had to call Kirkland Children's School every 3 months.  I called a bunch in the beginning but then after we had him settled somewhere I just stopped calling.  I guess that's why I never heard from them.  I just figured they told me it could be a 9-12 month wait for part-time so I figured I was just still waiting.  Good to know.

Re: ****m&m823******

• Awesome!  I'm going to call and set up a tour then as well.  The 18 month thing sucks, but Mattie will be 15 months when we need care, so maybe we can either find short-term care for 3 months or maybe the'll take him?  The only problem is once #2 comes along because we wouldn't be able to have him/her there until he/she was 18 months!  KCS is the same way (12 months though).  If KCS told you a 9-12 month waiting list then I'm holding out hope because they told me 1-2 years!!!!  Yay though - I'm so glad you found something that sounds perfect for your family!  I can't wait to check it out as well.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sounds like it might work out for you too. And, finding something for 3 months, if needed, could be really doable.  Let me know what you think after you go on your tour.  We decided tonight to go ahead and enroll DS and I'm giving notice at BH tomorrow!  It's almost too good to be true and I'm so excited!! 

I don't want to squash your hope but KCS said 9-12 months a year ago and it was for part-time in the preschool program, which was supposed to be shorter than full time.  I'm not sure if that's good news for you or not. 

• Loading the player...
  • Wow!  Well, that's awesome!  When will he start the new place then?  Think of all the extra money you'll have now!  ;) 

Yeah...KCS is a long shot.  I'd love to get in, and figured I'd keep it as an option for pre-school at least.  There were some things that were very appealing about it that I haven't seen elsewhere.

Did you ever look at that Discovery Center place on 85th?  What do you think?  I've been thinking of giving them a call as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"