Breastfeeding

BF & Your Diet

DS was having bad gas. About 2-3 weeks ago (he is 9 weeks now), I eliminated all dairy from my diet as well as other trigger foods such as oranges, tomatoes, etc. I saw a huge improvement, but I was not sure if it was food, him getting bigger or a coincidence. Yesterday, I decided to try yogurt in the early afternoon. Well, last night, he slept horribly and has been having painful gas. Obviously, I'm going to stay away from the yogurt/dairy. How long until it is out of my milk and his system??

Re: BF & Your Diet

• Since it was just one yogurt, I'd imagine it wouldn't stay in his system for so long but my LC said that it can take up to 2 weeks for dairy to clear his system.  DS has a dairy and soy intolerance/allergy and our pedi said it can take a month to see symptoms clear but they were referring to diarrhea.
    {Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been through all the same stuff and I found that the effects of dairy can last up to 4 weeks, but not as bad the whole time.  For other things (tomatoes, in our case), it's much shorter, more like 24 hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"