Georgia Babies

F/U to the poll question about fire...

Those of you that don't have fire proof safes or something like that - I strongly rec you get one!!

I don't know how many of you know this, but in Sept 2005 my house caught on fire.  It was a rental property at the time, but I have a storage room in it and all my stuff was there.  Including ALL the pictures my mom had of me growing up.  (not sure why i had the box, but still).   I lost just about everything in there and what wasn't burned completely is damaged either by fire, or water. 

Everything we have is digital now.  If we find old pictures we want to keep, we'll scan them and make them digital :) 

So, in our safe we have a backup (two) hard drive with everything important on it - pictures, thousands of songs, etc.  our wedding video, wedding pics, passports, marriage cert - any important docs, really - spare keys, jewelry.

Anything I don't want to live without is in there.  Other than that, all our other "stuff" can be replaced.  it might be a pain, but that's ok :)

Re: F/U to the poll question about fire...

• kepkep member
    good reminder. even if you are at home, if you are in a fire, there is no time to grab stuff. i was very lucky to grab my purse when a condo in our building (just down the hall from us) burned a few years ago.
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • Good reminder. We have a safe deposit box at our bank that keeps all our important stuff.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"