Stay at Home Moms

Shopping suggestions

Hi,I am taking my sister shopping and REALLY want to help her find some nice clothes for herself. ?She always feels underdressed at temple, and is really saddened/frustrated by it. ?She is petite- about 5'1, and on the heavier side. ?Size12/14 I think. ?Are there stores that you recommend for dress clothes? ?Styles that you think are flattering? ? For skirts she generally wears below the knee- but I think above the knee might work better... thoughts? ?Also she says she thinks skirts + shirts look better than dresses.... ?Want her to look fab

Re: Shopping suggestions

• Lane Bryant has really cute clothes! 
  • Maybe Dress Barn I think they have plus sizes there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Old Navy is great for a petite person (I'm 5'3") because all of their pants sizes come in short length.  Also, they carry sizes 0-18 so I'm sure she'll find something that will fit well.  GL!  It's great that you're going to help your sister out - she's lucky!
    TTC #2 since 2/2010 DX PCOS BFP #1 4/1/08, DD born 12/5/08 BFP #2 2/3/12, m/c 2/14/12 BFP #3 4/27/12 EDD 12/31/12 Hoping for a sticky baby! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Minus the shed, perfect pic web
  • Hmmm, I am looking for dressier than the suggestions so far. ?But keep them coming! ?My sister scours places like Marshall's in hopes of finding something/anything that will fit, and be a bargain. ?But- her hubby is on board with me, that she needs to invest in some nice things. ?So we aren't so deterred by cost. ?
  • I'm also 5'1 and on the heavier side, so I know what a pain it can be to find clothes-petite and overwight-NOT a good combo when trying to find something that's flattering!! The main thing is she will obviously need pants that come in short lengths, and are plus size. I always find a lot of nice things at Lane Bryant. They have a ton of basic pants in all sorts of styles-and they have PLENTY of dressier items too (well, pants and a few shirts I mean). Also, another place to look for basic pants is NY and Company (used to be called Learner). They always use to have short lengths for pants and I believe they went up to size 12 MAYBE a 14 (unless they've changed). As for skirt lengths, I ALWAYS go above the knee-anything longer makes me look shorter and stumpier. Even if she doesn't have the greatest legs, above the knee skirts will be much more flattering than anything longer. For shirts, like I said, I'd take a look around Lane Bryant and see what they have. It's hit or miss for me since a lot of their shirts are longer in lenght, it's probably not neccessarily something that she'd want-at least not what I do because it seems to weigh me down visually. Good luck!!! Hope she finds some things!
  • Ann Taylor and they have petites.  They go up to 18 online, and 16 in the stores.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"