North Carolina Babies

Hey, MrsG...

How's the new job, and daycare going?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Hey, MrsG...

• yes please update us on the job and ms. katie's days at daycare!! Are you going to the GTG on Sunday?
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Well if Jack and Holly are going to be there, I'm going to HAVE to go to the GTG. I can't have that floosey Holly worming her way into Jack's life. He's Katie's man! ;-)

Work is going well. I'm actually really liking this job, so I'm glad I forced myself to take it. ;-) It was sooooooooo tempting not to go back to work, but deep down I knew this was the right thing to do. I'm glad it's turning out well.

Daycare is going MUCH better too. She seems pretty happy there, and since I do pick up, I don't have to break my heart every morning dropping her off there. It's hard enough saying good bye to her at home in the mornings. This morning she fed at 4:30, so I didn't bother to wake her up at 6:30 to feed before I left. That also meant I didn't get my morning snuggle time. That was hard to deal with! I did take a minute to stand over her crib and stare at her and smile that I have the cutest baby in the universe. ;-)

The schedule is kinda wearing me out though. I have to leave the house by 7:20 [I am SO not a morning person] and I don't get home until 5:30. We're trying to put her to bed by 8ish, so that doesn't give me a ton of time to snuggle. She's also been waking up every 2-3 hours at night the last two weeks, so I'm EXHAUSTED. DH was not being overly sympathetic to it either, so the night before last, I refused to get up. Each time he would get up [and sigh loudly in protest], I would giggle inside. You should have heard his whining yesterday. Oh my Gawd was it soooo hard on him to have one night of getting up throughout the night to tend to his daugher. I made sure to get my point across that I had been doing that for weeks now AND I was out of the house 10 hours a day, whereas he WAH and never has to leave the house AND I was waking up before him in the morning and going to bed after him at night AND I was taking care of feeding and clothing both Katie and I, while he was only taking care of himself. He seemed stunned. I said, "really? are you that unobservant?" His response: "Apparently I am". haha! Bless his heart!

How goes the job search?

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• Loading the player...
  • No worries... Holly isn't into boys right now. She's more into the ceiling fan, screeching, and staring at her hands. Big Smile

That's so great that the job is going well, and daycare is getting easier on you! If I get the job I'm hoping for, I'll have a very similar schedule as you--leaving the house before 8, and not getting home until closer to 6. Sad I'm still waiting to hear from that job--hopefully I'll know in the next couple of days. I've got my fingers tightly crossed, because aside from this one, I've had very little luck... Man, it's tough out there right now... 

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"