Stay at Home Moms

Anyone else out and about all day long?

I love being a SAHM but I hate staying at home all day long. So, we are out of the house usually at least two times a day, not including a walk with the dogs so probably three. I feel bad sometimes because I am always dragging DS somewhere or we are in the car or stroller, but I need it for my sanity. Sometimes it is actually exhausting running around all day, but the afternoons or mornings that we are home are the longest and I feel like I am going to go nuts. I am always finding some excuse to at least go to Target or the grocery store. Anyone else gone all day long? This is what our day usually looks like -

7-9am - breakfast, playtime

9-10:30 - nap

10:30 - 12:30 - gym, library, playgroup

12:30-1:30 - lunch, walk with dogs

1:30 - 3:00 - nap

3:00-5:00 - errands

5:00 - 7:00 - dinner, playtime, bedtime

Re: Anyone else out and about all day long?

• We usually go out twice a day, too.  I only buy enough food for a couple of days at the grocery store because she loves it there.  Everybody talks to her, and she loves riding around in the cart.  I do have to make sure she has enough time to run around the house or the playground because if she doesn't get enough exercise she doesn't sleep well.
  • We go out once a day and it is usually just a walk around the neighborhood.  I don't really go out lots during the week with them bc it is usually harder to go places w/them.  As they are getting older we go out more but not all day long  They do not sleep well in their carseats and then they are super cranky.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm the same exact way. I'm not sure if Stay-At-Home-Mom is the best term for me...it should be On-The-Go-Mom. :) Everyone always says to me "Isn't it exhausting taking all the kids out all the time?" and I say "Yes, but it's better than sitting at home watching the clock tick!" In the summer I don't mind long lazy days if we're outside enjoying the weather...but sitting inside all winter makes me sleepy.
  • We go out at least once a day, but it's hard to get out more because Gigi still eats every 2-3 hours.  But it's getting warmer, and she's starting to be awake much more during the day.  Hopefully we'll be adopting a schedule more like yours soon!
    TTC #2 since 2/2010 DX PCOS BFP #1 4/1/08, DD born 12/5/08 BFP #2 2/3/12, m/c 2/14/12 BFP #3 4/27/12 EDD 12/31/12 Hoping for a sticky baby! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Minus the shed, perfect pic web
  • I was the same way when DD was a baby (she's 20 months now).  It's SO tough when they're young.  If going out fifteen times a day keeps you sane, than that's what you should do.  I always looked at it as a chance for DD to experience the world beyond the four walls of the house you know?
  • My boys' naps are often not in sync, so this wouldn't work for us to stay gone for extended periods of time. But it sounds like you're having fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've had phases like that & other times when I didn't want to leave the house.  Depends on how old my kids are & the weather.
    AKA Carol*Brady! IHO my upcoming 10yr Nestiversary--Back to old screenname. My own Marsha, Jan & Cindy... imageDesigning a Life Blog
  • We are only at home to eat and sleep (or if it is REALLY bad weather). Otherwise, we are out all day long. It helps that we live in a city so there are a million things to do and we can walk everywhere.

I hate being at home, as does DS - I honestly don't know if DS just takes after me or if I made him that way, We never stayed in - we were out and doing things starting at 3 days old...

• DD brings me her shoes and my coat and begs to go "bye." :)  We're usually out twice each day also and she loooves it. I actually feel bad on the days when it's too cold to go out.
  • I think whatever works for YOU is perfect for YOU and you shouldn't feel bad at all!!!  :)

I'm definitely an on-the-go mom, 100% - Emily is enrolled in every possible class for her age, we go to our local Library Story Times 2x a week, we go to the park nearly every afternoon (after her nap), I drag her to the gym 4-5 mornings a week AND I run all our family's errands during the day (to avoid the crowds!) and she is as happy as a clam and so are DH & I!  :)  We do however ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS come home for mealtimes and her nap time (even when she was an infant and had to nap 4-5 times a day!) because she needs the downtime in her bed and so do I!  haha

A truly believe a happy mom = a happy child and if getting out as much as possible makes you happy, keep doing it!  :)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• I'm with ya! ?I hate being cooped up in the house all day. ?I try to plan one errand/outing for each morning and then a walk in the park or time at the playground after nap in the afternoon. ?I am running into a problem though- Eva doesn't love being in the stroller and she can't walk on her own yet so I have to keep mall trips short. ?If she is in a shopping cart she is okay though so we hit the grocery store twice a week. ?We also walk up to the library and she is able to crawl around and walk along the shelves while I pick out books. ?I also got us a zoo membership and Eva does okay in the stroller there because she is so interested in the animals and other little kids she forgets she stuck in the stroller. ?:)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"