North Carolina Babies
Options

What does your DC sleep in?

(or what did they sleep in as an infant?)

Do you change them every night from what they had on, to a sleeper? We usually put Holly down in whatever she has on (unless she gets a bath before bedtime, then I'll usually change her again, into a sleeper). She often has on a onesie/pants/socks or a one piece sleeper type outfit with feet, so I just keep her in what she has on, then swaddle her, or put her in a sleep sack. But then again, her little terry cloth sleepers don't get much use, so maybe I should change her, just so I can use those before she outgrows them! If she's in something "comfy" already, I guess I just don't want to mess up more clothes that I'll have to wash. :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: What does your DC sleep in?

• Options
    When I was home with Eli, he mostly wore sleepers during the day, and he would sleep in the same thing at night.  If he had a bath I'd change him then, otherwise I'd change him in the morning.  Once he started daycare though he wore clothes to school (usually a onesie and knit pants), and then I would change him into a sleeper every night.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yeah, now that it's warm Maddie generally sleeps in the t-shirt/pants/socks that she is wearing. We keep our house pretty hot during the summer, so soon she'll probably just be wearing a shirt and diaper, and then maybe just a diaper when it's really hot in like August. Although that plan may change if she figures out how to un-velcro her diapers.

If it's going to be a chilly night, I always put her in footed zip up sleepers though, b/c if she's wearing a t-shirt a lot of times she likes to pull it up and her belly is exposed. But we do bathtime in the mornings so unless her clothes are dirty I see no reason to change them!

ETA: she sleeps with a blanket, so when she's just wearing a t-shirt, or just a diaper she does have something covering her. Girl loves her blankets.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was unsure about this too. At first I was putting her in those fleece type sleep sacs, but they were huge, and seemed really hot, then I just let her sleep in what she was wearing. Now I have 4 zip sleepers that I rotate at night. Last night she slept in what she had been wearing, a little onesie with snaps, and I didn't like dealing with the snaps at night. I really like the ease of the zipper for right now since I still have to change her diaper several times at night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Katie loves to sleep nekkid! tee hee j/k

She actually follows the same clothing pattern as Holly.

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• Options

Sounds like Natalie may be the exception -- I change her into a long sleeve onesie, socks and footed sleeper for bed (no blanket) and then change her in the morning into an outfit (she's never worn sleepers during the day). ?Even when she was really little, slept all the time and got up every 3 hr even at night I still changed her for 'bed" at night. ?

I'm always paranoid she's going to be cold since she doesn't sleep with a blanket (I'm always cold). ?I'm looking forward to getting warmer at night so I can put her in lighter clothes (and turn the heat off at night). ?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Liam sleeps in footed jammies and a sleepsack.  On cold nights, he sleeps in his fleece sleepsack, and on warmer nights, his cotton sleepsack.  I've always changed him for bed too.  When he was a newborn, I would just change him into a plain cotton onesie, and then swaddle him.  He's also always had a bath before bed, so I would change him after his bath anyway.

I put him into his sleepsack even for naps (though I leave him in his daytime clothes for that).  It's part of our routine to signal "it's time for sleep".

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

When Jack was younger and it was colder out he was in a footed sleeper with his sleepsack. Now we usualyl change him at nite into a footed sleeper for bedtime but pretty soon we will prolly have to put less clothes on him cuz man does that lil guy generate a lot of heat. He's not wearing many knit pants anymore (mainly lil khakis and jeans and such) so i feel like he needs to be changed. And we usually do bathtime in the mornings too so that doesn't affect the clothing change. I just have sooooooooo many sleepers in this size so I want to get use out of them.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Aubrey sleeps in a onsie, socks, and then depending on how warm or cool, a fleece or cotton swaddleme. This summer it might just be the cotton swaddleme depending on how warm her room gets.
  • Options
    We use footed sleepers under a fleece sleepsack right now. This summer we'll probably switch to sleepers under a cotton sleepsack. I used sleepsacks with my first until she was pulling up/walking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"