Baby Showers
Options

I'm new and have a question...

Hi all!! Just a quick question on how to go about something....  my mom and family is planning a shower for me on July 18th... I am due August 23rd. I will be around 35 weeks at the shower. I really want to ask my mom if there is any way she can make the shower earlier, because I am very nervous I won't get everything done before the baby comes. I have already been told that I may need bedrest before the baby is due, and having only a few weeks before my due date, I want to have everything in order.

She keeps telling me that you shouldn't have it any earlier... etc... but I feel really strongly about it, and I know myself, I'm going to get very nervous and anxious as it gets closer. My family is practically buying me everything from the bedding, accessories, stroller, bottles, etc... and if I don't get something, I may not have time to get it after.

Sorry that was so long, this is my first child and I'm so nervous and worried about everything!

Re: I'm new and have a question...

• Options

I had mine at 32 weeks and it seemed like perfect timing to me.

?

I think it's only natural to worry you won't get everything done because it just seems so overwhelming!

?

Maybe you can just talk to her and tell her your concerns, and come up with a different date for it? ?

• Options
    I'm going to talk to her about it tomorrow... I know I'm being paranoid, but that's my nature.. lol. I just think a few more weeks earlier would make me feel so much better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would focus on the bedrest angle.  That's entirely out of your control.  What happens if you are on bedrest and can't come to the shower? 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    I don't think you're being paranoid, you're just trying to be prepared. Explain to your mom that it may be cutting it too close, especially with the whole bedrest issue. Push the bedrest issue and maybe she'll give in.
  • Options
    You're concerns are totally legit!  I agree... the bedrest issue is probably your strongest argument - I do hope all goes well for you in that regard!  I don't think earlier than 35 weeks is "too early" at all... you have it when it works best for all involved - especially for the MTB!  :-) 
  • Options
    If she's not going to change the date you still have more than a month to get everything ready afterward.
  • Options
    I would give her like 3 acceptable dates to your standard. ?It's perfectly "PC" to have the shower any time in your 3rd trimester... so after 27 weeks, your mom shouldn't have a problem with it. ?Plus, waiting till 35 is cutting it a little close. ?Anything can happen and if that baby comes early, it'll be really stressful!
  • Options
    I had mine at 36 weeks. I loved it.
  • Options
    Sorry I know thats not an idea. I am just saying it might not be so bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"