Multiples

How can you be sure which baby you're feeling kick?

My girls move around so much that it seems like there's no real way of knowing for sure which one is kicking/moving where. ?Sure, today's ultrasound showed how they're laying, but I'm 99% sure they've changed positions since then. ?

I know Baby A's placenta is down and to the left, and Baby B's is up and to the right, so I guess that most of the low or left-side movement is A and the high or right-side movement is B, but I don't feel like I really know.

Is it going to get easier to determine as they get bigger and can change position less and less? ??

Re: How can you be sure which baby you're feeling kick?

• The only time I know for sure is right after my appts. They have been in a new position at every single ultrasound we've had! I had an u/s on Friday and by that afternoon I wasn't sure if Baby B was still breech or if she was laying transverse again. I wouldn't worry about telling them apart so much and just making sure you are feeling them consistently.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I still don't know a lot of the time.  I know baby A is on the left side, so I feel like I know her movements a lot more.  But baby B is on the right and he always seems to be curled into some weird positions so I never know if I feel him at all or if it is all bab A I feel.  He is usually lazy when I have non stress tests too, which means he isn't moving much...so I kind of feel like he just doesn't move as much as she does.
  • Loading the player...
  • No. I don't know...they ave changed positions several times. 
  • I NEVER knew for sure, excpet with my girl who was down low under the boys the whole time, so it was obvious with her. But I always worried about it because sometimes I felt like I wasn't feeling one ds as much.. when the doctors asked at every visit if I was feeling regular movement, I would always ask them how I was supposed to know if all three were definitely moving- no one could ever me an answer. Its was kinda nervewracking! 
  • I don't know for sure.  But one of my babies has been head down on my right side the entire time & my little girl has been breech on my left side.  They have been in this position pretty much from the start.  They roll over and face different ways, but really haven't done much else as far as changing positions.  There are times when I still don't know for sure, especially when the movements are in the middle.  But I always take a guess which one it is.  Who knows if I'm right! 
  • over the last 3 wks i've had a better idea but i think it's still hard to say for sure....
  • They haven't changed too much throughout the whole pregnancy.  DS is very low, DD is up higher.  They are like top bunk and bottom bunk.  So I usually have a very good idea who is kicking. 
    image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BFP 7/7/08, M/C 7/8/08, BFP 9/23/08, M/C 9/24/08, BFP 11/2/08 TWINS!,
    Lost Our 10 month old Baby Boy Rowan 3/12/10 BFP 8/25/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"