Cincinnati Babies
Options

I need wardrobe help.

What type of pants/shorts/whatever should I wear during the summer?  I have this problem every year.  I'm looking through photos from last summer, and I just look frumpy.  I feel self-conscious if I wear traditional shorts (don't know why, just do), and I feel like I'm too short to pull off the capris I've had in the past.  The capris I've had have been kind of baggy.  Do you think they need to be less baggy?  Should I try some Bermuda shorts?  What stores do you recommend?  Thanks!

Re: I need wardrobe help.

• Options

I'm with you on this. I gave up shorts three summers ago because they just look weird on me...either too short, like I'm trying to be a teenager, or too long, like I'm some 45-year-old mom.

I found a nice alternative in skirts. I have nice denim skirts, a madras skirt, etc. I've decided to stick with that. I find nice things at Old Navy and Gap!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am not up with the styles normally but I am short and have good luck finding a good length in capris and shorts at Old Navy and capris at Aeropostale normally.  I usually buy the capries that you can button up at the bottom to change the length but have some that are a great length without that.  I also buy more form fitting so it doesn't look too baggy!  good luck!
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think summer clothing is the worst to buy.  I never know what looks right.  I don't have that problem in the winter as much.  I would love to know where I can find a personal stylist that can show me what looks great (a la What Not to Wear).  Call me clueless.  I have shopped my usual stores, and have found NOTHING this year.  I am glad to not be alone in that frustration.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageteacherjess:

I found a nice alternative in skirts. I have nice denim skirts, a madras skirt, etc. I've decided to stick with that. I find nice things at Old Navy and Gap!

Totally what I was going to say. Check out this blog. She has a mom on the go tutorial. (I love this blog by the way) Such cute ideas that look easy and comfy. Here is the link to one of the tutorials, but she has a ton of great inspriational ideas.

https://www.youlookfab.com/2009/03/27/mom-on-the-go-road-test-dresses-and-skirts/

• Options

I think those bermuda shorts are super cute!

Have ou ever looked at Lands End? They have the cutest stuff! I got their catalog yesterday and wished they had maternity!

FYI, you have to scroll a little... they also have cute polos and tanks that match. I think this stuff is great for us young moms!

https://www.landsend.com/ix/Women/UserSearch=shorts/index.html?seq=2~1&catNumbers=83&visible=1~1&store=le&sort=Recommended&pageSize=12&pageSize=12&pageSize=12&page=1

• Options
    I really love Steinmart. Their misses section has some really unique items.
  • Options
    Being short I never seem to like shorts/capris on me either.  I personally find that Bermuda shorts are not attractive on me either - the longer legs on them just accentuate the fact I don't have long legs.  Like others have mentioned skirts are very cute on petite women - and I where those out and about for a lot of the summer.   Then, when I'm out hiking or doing something athletic I where shorts appropriate for those activities.  Also, while I like to shop at Old Navy/Gap - being petite I find that sometimes spending a little more to get more tailored items makes them seem less "frumpy" on me.  I usually like to shop at Anne Taylor, TJ Maxx, or Banana Republic - or if I'm feeling ambitious I'll buy something from Old Navy and do some alterations on it myself to get it to fit me better.
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies!  It looks like I have some shopping to do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"