Baby Showers

Hostess Gift Ideas - really need some help here

My sister and friend are flying in for my shower. Technically my sister is the main hostess and sending the invites. My friend flying in is coming up with the game ideas. My one friend here is going to get the cake.

The shower is at my house, I will be paying for most of the decorations and food. So what in the world should I do here? Do I get them each a small thank you present and if yes, any suggestions?  They don't like girly body lotions or anything either.  

Most is happening at my house because my sis wanted to host it and it doesn't really make sense to have it any where else. All of my other friends here are more casual friends - not super close friends nor did they ever offer to host me a shower. I am paying for most everything because my sis and her hubby are unemployed with two children, so I am happy she is able to even come down and do the invites. THOUGHTS? Thanks, I appreciate them.

Re: Hostess Gift Ideas - really need some help here

• I am in a similiar situation... I paid/sent out all the invites, ordered the cupcakes, Etc. I am going to still get my "hostess" a gift which happens to be my mother. I think if you get them giftcards to maybe a favorite restaurant or store that will be nice. Remember they will still probably even get you gifts so something small for the two of them will be nice 
  • I made chocolate covered strawberries and put them in a nice box with a blue bow wrapped around it. ?Simple, cheap, but elegant and thoughtful!
  • Loading the player...
  • I like the idea of something homemade. Maybe some cookies or like pp said chocolate covered strawberries. You could also get them a small giftcard, maybe to Starbucks or something else they would like.
    DD#1 4/3/2008 TTC in 2012
  • i like the homemade gift idea too.
  • I'm getting my hostesses Willow Tree Angels from like a Hallmark store. They're pretty and not cheesy like other similar house decor, and I'm getting a different angel for each hostess.

For my shower in my current town, I'm getting the hostess "The Angel of Caring" and for my hometown shower, I'm getting my aunt "The Angel of Hope"...plus we just found out she has skin cancer so it works both ways.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"