Breastfeeding

Help! Clogged duct while pregnant?

I have what I am fairly sure is a clogged milk duct (if that is even possible while pregnant?) that started yesterday.  I tried both cold compresses and massage with a warm washcloth.  I had a low grade fever last evening and today my breast is starting to get red.  I know the best solution is nursing, but sadly that isn't an option yet. 

I see my doctor tomorrow, but I wondered if you all had any suggestions for relief in the meantime.  TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help! Clogged duct while pregnant?

• I didn't even know that was possible!! Sorry, I'm not much help. I just bf'ed a lot and massaged while I pumped to clear my clogged duct.

kellymom.com is a great breastfeeding resource. I'm not sure if it will answer a question like that, but it's worth a shot.

Hope you get relief soon!

• Lol, I'm still not sure it is possible, but my symptoms seem to match what I have seen other women describe.  I found other message boards asking the same question, but none of them had any solutions.  I don't want to pump without talking to my doctor first because I've heard it can stimulate contractions or just stimulate more colostrum production and leaking.  It's frustrating, but I guess I'll just tough it out until my appt tomorrow.

• Loading the player...
  • Tylenol.

DO NOT pump. Absolutely not. the breast stimulation will most likely trigger labor. And of course that would NOT be good at 33 weeks.

stick with the massage. try a hot shower with chest under the stream of water. and massage. have hubby do it. lol.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"