Secondary IF
Options

Well that's embarassing.

So I've been waiting for AF to start so we can move forward with our FET.  RE told me to call her when it starts so she can do Day 3 bloodwork, look at my ovaries, etc.  Well - I guess I got a little impatient.  Saturday morning I started spotting, enough that I got excited.  I called the RE and she said she'd get things set up for my testing on Monday.

Weeeelll.  After I called her, AF went into hiding.  Nothing but spotting all day yesterday.  So this morning I called her nurse's line and said - sorry, not my period yet.  Just spotting. Cancel my testing please."  Then I hang up, go to the bathroom and yup - there she was, the little stinker.  So then I had to call and say - "Um, sorry - she's back!"  I feel like an idiot. 

In my defense, I haven't had a real AF in almost 2 years between being pg, BF'ing and going back on the pill for my endo.  I still feel silly for jumping the gun - but now that AF is really here, we're a go for FET!!!

Re: Well that's embarassing.

• Options
    I'm sure they're used to that happening...good luck with your FET!
  • Options
    Oh well... I'm sure they have already forgotten.  How exciting though!  Good luck with your FET cycle!
    Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so happy for you. ?FWIW...I have done the same thing
  • Options
    I've done that before too.  This last time though I knew she was coming, started spotting, but didn't cancel my appt, and when they were done with my baseline U/S...I started bleeding.  So embarassing, for them to start my period for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • Options

LOL!  AF plays jokes like that on me all the time!!!! 

This is very very exciting about starting the FET process!  How many embies will you transfer do you think?

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    We just have one snowbaby so that will be it.  If this doesn't work we will try on our own for a while.  At 39 with two toddlers to chase after, I don't think we'll do another fresh cycle of IVF.  But fingers crossed for this little embie - I'd really love to have just one more!
  • Options
    When it comes time I will say some prayers for your precious snow baby!  This is exciting!!!!  Keep us updated on everything Smile
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    I don't think you are silly at all! In fact i was just thinking the other day that my AF is so weird....that i am not sure i would know if it was here or not????
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"