High-Risk Pregnancy

?s for Type 2 diabetics

Hello,

I have Type 2 diabetes and am again TTC. I wondered if you had any advice or tips on TTC or pregnancy with Type 2 diabetes. I would love to hear your stories. TIA

Re: ?s for Type 2 diabetics

• Someone recommended diabeticmommy.com and the girls there have been great they have a forum that is dedicated to your question.

Good Luck!

• Oh, thanks for posting that website.  I have type 2 and I'm pregnant. 

MissMama, I don't know if I have any advice or tips.  But I'm good at answering questions.

• Loading the player...
  • Awesome! thank you for the website. And Elaine&Matt, have you had any problems or anything with your pregnancy? I was diagnosed 4 years ago and I have it under "excellent control" but I still wonder what to expect when I get pregnant? I have heard I may have to go on insulin instead of taking Metformin like I do now. have you had to go on insulin? Also, were you at your "ideal" weight when you became pregnant? (I am not, is why I'm asking :)
  • I don't think I've had any major problems yet.  I had some issues getting my blood sugar levels to where they needed to be, but they are good now.  I started insulin at 13 weeks.  I was on metformin until then.  And I was no where near my ideal weight when I got pregnant.  But I had lost 30 pounds before getting pregnant though.  I weighed 227 the day I got my BFP.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"