Breastfeeding

how long do u plan to nurse

how long do u plan to nurse? how close are u to your goal?

my baby is 9 1/2 months old and i want to nurse to a yr......

Re: how long do u plan to nurse

• When I started, I was going to begin weaning at 6 months...

then I was going to begin weaning at a year.

Then, I was going to wean in anticipation of getting pregnant again.

Now, I'm pregnant with #2, and the plan is to let DD self-wean when the milk goes away with the pregnancy...

who knows?

The Girl is 5. The Boy is 2. The Dog is 1.

imageimage

I am the 99%.
  • My goal was 6 months, but now that I'm over 1/2 way there, I fully expect that I'll continue nursing longer.  It's easy and I enjoy it!  I doubt I'll go past a year, though. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • i really dont know.  im kind of playing it by ear.  I want to go no less than 6 months but I dont know how long i will be willing to go.  maybe 9 months or a year?!?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had planned to go six months, but once I reached that goal I decided to strive for a year.  I've made it eight months, but between working full time and introducing solids I have my doubts.  Going to try my best though!

• When I first got pregnant, I wasn't going to nurse at all. Then I decided to try it. It went well, so I thought I'd nurse until I went to work. Then pumping was so easy, I figured we'd keep going to a year. Then, things were still going well ... well, long story short, I'm 8-months pregnant and still nursing my toddler. I realize it's unconventional, but it works for our family. I have no issues has far as my pregnancy goes, and my son's pediatrician has no issue with going by the AAP guide of "... as long as mutually desired by mother and child."
  • Aiming for 12 months.  I'd like to nurse exclusively until DS is 6 months.
  • If my supply cooperates...until he's 1 year old.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • My goal was to at least one year and then to let DD self-wean.  We're at 15 months now.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • At least a year, in that, I will nurse until 1 year old and then introduce cows milk. My plan is to start weaning at 1 y/o and to be completely done around 15 mths or so.
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • my plans is to BF until she is 1  year old so hopefully my body cooperates.  DD is 4 months
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagemominatrix:

When I started, I was going to begin weaning at 6 months...

then I was going to begin weaning at a year.

Then, I was going to wean in anticipation of getting pregnant again.

Now, I'm pregnant with #2, and the plan is to let DD self-wean when the milk goes away with the pregnancy...

who knows?

Ditto this, almost exactly.  :-)  

DD self-weaned at 22 months when I was about 4 months pregnant. 

Heather Margaret --- Feb '07 and Todd Eldon --- April '09
  • I'm planning to weaning after 1 year. 
  • Ha! I am just trying to make it to 2 months...
  • plan to exclusively bf till 6 mos...then let self wean past 1 yr.
  • It;s still one day at a time for me now. But ideally about two years would be great!
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • I wanted to do at least 6 months, but after having mastitis now for the 2nd time in a month, and a host of other issues, I am DONE! As soon as this clears up , I'll be slowly weaning.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • mlvonmlvon member
    My goal was a year so that once I  stopped, he could have milk and I wouldn't ever need formula.  Now I'm thinking I'll go longer.  Who knows.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I would like to make it a year, but I'm going to have to see how realistic pumping is once I return to work (one week... ahhh!). 
  • My plan:  just a year....

DD's plan:  who knows?!?  She's 15 mos.

• i never thought Id nurse, it was so hard in the begininng and I was stubborn and made it through. My goals were always the next day, and then 3 mos was what i thought if I can get to then I would stop, well Im passed that and love the ease and closeness of bfing. I would love to go a year or more, but we'll see. right now my next goal is 4 mos, then 5 etc.
  • My goal was a year. I'm wayyyyyyyyyyy past that Smile

I don't really have a goal now. We just wake up every morning and she asks for num-nums and and so we nurse another day longer...

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• My goal is 6 months, would consider EP until a year if pumping at work isn't too tough. Haven't gotten a BF book yet, but the whole teething nursing thing just sounds bad.  I will be okay with it as long as I make it to 4 months when I start the 09-10 schoolyear.  I will do what I can to save $.

• My goal was a year and he self-weaned just last week at 13 months.
  • DD is 8 months, and my goal is one year.  We did have to introduce one bottle of F per day bc I am not pumping enough at this point to get her through the day at the sitter.  I still BF all other feedings though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"