Blended Families
Options

SHould be interesting - visiting MY OWN blended family!

In two weeks we are going to NY to visit my family.  We are staying a few nights with my father/stepmother/sister.  I am a little nervous because the only time DH has met dear old dad was at our wedding and he flew in the day before the wedding and left the day after.  My own SM is a peach, I can't even explain the weirdness of their relationship.  SM is ridiculously over protective, has been since my sis was born.  My sister who will be 12 on sat has a few social issues because of my SM being so freaking paranoid and over protective when she was little.  She is afraid of EVERYTHING! 

My SM fed her with a bottle until she was 5!  She then spoon fed her until she was about 7!  Anyway, at the wedding my sister was great and showed a ton of independence thanks to SD and my neice.  My sister walked down the aisle at my wedding, rode in the limo with DH, me and the kids, she even sat at the bridal party table instead of with my dad and SM.  My dad was really happy and my SM was not. 

SInce then my dad has been wanting SD to visit and spend time with my sister.  He thinks that SD will rub off on her, which I think she might.  However, I am a little nervous since SD hasn't spent any real time with her, just a few hours the day before and day of the wedding.  I am also nervous about how this whole thing will go off. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"