Philadelphia Babies

Prenatal fitness classes in Philly area?

Hi everyone,

I have been looking for fitness classes that are specifically geared for expecting mothers. Please let me know of any prenatal classes or if there are any classes that anyone uses that are particularly accommodating to moms-to-be.

Re: Prenatal fitness classes in Philly area?

• I have heard that Yoga on main is great.  Also, on South Street, there is another called Yoga Child.  Doing yoga helped me a lot during my pregnancy.  I have considered doing mommy and me type classes...I still may.
  • I absolutely craved my prenatal yoga class toward the end of my pregnancy.  It was through Chestnut Hill Hospital, which unfortunately, no longer has a maternity unit.  You might want to check with the hospital you are delivering at.  CH offered yoga along with other classes, like childbirth prep and breastfeeding. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Across the bridge in South Jersey Cooper Hospital and Virtua offer Prenatal Yoga in your 2nd and 3rd trimesters.  I also saw that Destination Maternity in Cherry Hill has classes.
  • There is an awesome class at The Lithe Method in center city
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Mother Bachman offers classes in the far Northeast on Knights Road.  I'm going through them for prenatal care and the flyers they post say they're free but I'm not sure if they're only free for people who are using them for care or not.
    BabyName Ticker Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sankhya Yoga studio in Northern Liberties is starting up their prenatal yoga on April 25. They are every Saturday and only $7!  I will be going.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"