High-Risk Pregnancy

BrendaK

hey lady!! Been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing lately. You're SO CLOSE to being DONE!! WOO!

Re: BrendaK

• Aww, thanks!! :-)

I remember listfully watching your ticker count down and think "mine will never get there," and now, BAM, here I am!! Full term TODAY!!

I'm hanging in there - my BG numbers are starting to slide back down, which could mean that things are going to get going soon... Hopefully...

A few weeks ago, I asked my OB about doing another growth ultrasound (I have BPP weekly, but they don't measure growth), and she told me that they wouldn't do another one unless the tech noticed that the baby was starting to get ginormous...

Well... After last week's BPP, my OB opened my chart and had a note from the u/s tech... And ordered a growth ultrasound for this week's visit. Yikes. I hope we're not looking at a 10-pounder here. My loins could handle the mental anguish of the original 8-pounds that she estimated, but anything bigger, and I think I may have a breakdown.

We have an induction planned for 4/16, which will make me 39w4d. I'm secretly hoping for some action MUCH sooner than that!!

How freaking excited are you to be done with GD? :-)

I keep finding my after-PG food list changing. I think the first thing I'm going to eat is going to be a big, fat smoked turkey sandwich from Panera... which sounds healthy enough, but it actually has like, 90g of carbs... with a side of french bagette... and a huge chocolate chip cookie... which probably puts me total at like 200g of carbs. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

How are you and Dash doing?? I remember seeing one of the first pictures of him and thinking that he looks EXACTLY how my little miss looks in her u/s pictures - huge cheeks!! He's so adorable!!

I am so, so, so ready!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• After I delivered, they brought me a sandwich, a bag of chips, cranberry juice and three chocolate chip cookies.

I ate the cookies and drank the juice and didn't touch the rest, lol.

I ate chocolate chip cookies like they were the ONLY GOOD THING left to me. I've had to cut myself off. I'll gain back all the weight I've lost, lol!

Yeah, my numbers were consistently in the 70s in the week before I gave birth. I guess my placenta quit and that's why he was early. I GUESS. I LOVE being done with GD.

Let me know how big they're estimating for you! And may I recommend an epi if that baby is over 9 lbs? Wink

Dash and I are doing OK ... we're still figuring each other out ... but he's a good baby and I think I TOTALLY DESERVE that after everything he put me through, lol.

Can't wait to see you over on 0-6!!

• Loading the player...
  • When we toured our L&D rooms with a childbirth class, the nurse in her sing-songy voice was like, "make sure you have your husbands bring you whatever food you can imagine, because you're going to be very hungry after you have that baby!" And all the expectant moms' eyes kind of lit up...

And in my head, I was like, "biiitches, please, you have no idea... I've been working up to this for 7 months..."

Thank GOD the rooms have full-size refrigerators. I'm not even playing.

I'm totally scared of gaining back the weight I've lost. From the time I was diagnosed until about 28 weeks, all I did was lose weight (about 25 pounds). Of course, since then, I've slowly been putting it back on, but I'm still about 15 pounds lighter than I started. I'm hoping that my one-week of debauchery doesn't send my scale on sabbatical.

I'll keep you posted on what they say tomorrow. They originally told me, based on three earlier u/s, that she'd be around 8 pounds. I have a feeling she's already at 8 pounds!! And yeah, I am SO about the epi!!

And you totally deserve a wonderful baby like Dash!! Let's hope my little miss is equally as wonderful for making her mother deal with 31 weeks of insulin shots!! :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"