Working Moms

Those of you that work 10+ hours/week..?

In Sept, I'm going back to teaching so I will be gone from 8-6.  I'm putting my girls in daycare and my dh will pick them up when he gets out of work around 3. 

In all honesty, how hard is it being away from the all day?  When did you get into a rythym?  How do you get all of your "home" stuff done?

TIA

twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

Re: Those of you that work 10+ hours/week..?

• Took a few months to get into a groove.  DS goes to bed around 8 so I take time right after he goes down to prepare for the following day but all of my housework winds up being pushed to the weekends which can be a real drain when all you want to do is unwind after a stressful week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I work 10 hour days 4 days a week but it is in the evening so for a good part of it DS is in bed. Our home stuff is done on the weekends when both DH and I are home. It gets done a lot faster. DH does a good bit of the laundry though since I am also in school.

When I do work a 10 hour day shift it is pretty hard being away from DS. I have maybe 3 hours with him when I get home before he goes to bed and I feel like it is not enough. Like anything it takes time to get use to it. Give yourself a good 4-6 weeks to get into a rythym.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It was really hard being away from DD at first, but now I am completely used to it and don't really think much of it. I still miss her sometimes, but there are also times it's nice to have a break! (LOL)

It only took a few weeks to fall into a routine and get used to it, but it is still very hard to get housework done. My house is never perfect and I am okay with that. I run errands and clean as much as I can on the weekends, but also try to enjoy DD on the weekends too.

• I went back when DD was 7 weeks and it was hard the first 2 or 3 days.  Once I saw how she was when I picked her up (sound asleep) I realized she was being well taken care of.

As far as a rythym...that took a while.  I was going through the motions alright and getting to work on time, but it was hard.  I guess it was a few weeks.

Getting all the home stuff done...DH helps out a ton at home so he really picked up the slack.

• It is hard at first but you will get in a routine and it will become easier.  It will be nice for them to have some time with just DH as well.  Being away from them will be hard at first but it does get easier.  I try to get all my house work done after my DS goes to bed and before he wakes up in the mornings.  My DH is a big help and takes care of a couple of things before I get out of work while my DS is in his highchair playing before dinner. 
  • I have a 5 yr old and a 6 month old. Of course my 5 year old is in school most of the day but my 6 month old goes to daycare. I drop him off at 7:00 and go get him at 4:00. My dh picks up our daughter.

Anywho, life is busy. I get home, fix dinner, play with them for a bit. My 6 month old goes to bed about 7:00 and after that I spend time with my daughter and do some of the housework. I am off on the weekends so Sunday is when most of it gets done. I have found lately that if I just wash once a week instead of trying to wash all through the week, it makes life easier! LOL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"