Maryland Babies

Harbor Hospital vs Howard County General??

Anyone have an opinion on their experience at either Harbor Hosp or Howard County General?

Re: Harbor Hospital vs Howard County General??

• I delivered my son at harbor and am delivery again there with my daughter.  I thought it was great.  They have huge private rooms and the staff are wonderful!  Any particular concerns?
  • Read my response about Harbor here: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/12525161.aspx

I would not step foot in that hospital if my life depended on it.

My OB/GYN even said during the delivery "you see why I am leaving here" I was her last delivery at Harbor, then she went to St Joes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered at Howard County last July and had a wonderful experience.  It was actually my first time in a hospital overnight ever so I was nervous.  Room was comfortable as a hospital room can be.  Nursing staff was extremely friendly and helpful.  My doctors came to see me everyday.  Food was even ok.  I would go back there in a heartbeat.  They have tours everyweek if you want to check out their facilities.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have heard bad things about Harbor, but I am not sure about Howard County.  We are expecting our first and are planning on delivering at AAMC.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I delivered at Howard County General and had a great experience.  It was my first ever hospital stay and I was nervous as to what to expect, not to mention terrified of labor.  The doctors and nursing staff were wonderful during the entire stay.  The L&D suites are large and comfortable -- and perfect for having family and friends in to visit.  I'd also like to say that the anesthesiologists were wonderful as well!!  The maternity wing rooms are slightly smaller than the L&D rooms, but definitely comfortable.  And I second the prior post that the food wasn't too bad for hospital food -- I recommend the french toast for breakfast! 
  • Howard County was awesome- I second the french toast! The staff was wonderful and I'd go back in a heartbeat!
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks everybody!  I did not have any specific concerns, but I do not have any personal experience at either location and don't know anyone who recently gave birth at either place.  HC is closer to me....  Harbor is just so far away - but if it was the better choice, I would go!
  • I delivered at howard county in 07.  I had a great experience.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"