Secondary IF
Options

Clomid....what days???

What days do you or have you taken clomid on?? I am on my 3rd cycle using it cd5-9. We had success our first cycle, but unfortunately lost it. So I have been doing some google "research" and I can't seem to get a definite answer, which is better 5-9 or 3-7?? What is the difference??

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clomid....what days???

• Options
    I took it days 3-7, and we had success our 2nd cycle but also miscarried. I really don't know the difference between the two, it seems unclear to me and doctors just seem to "choose" one.
  • Options

I dont think there really is a difference, although I have heard that if you O on your own they like to use 5-9, if you dont o on your own then 3-7. Not sure if thats true or not.

I have always used it 3-7.  

My Blog
    DD #1 {04-19-2004}
    Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
    After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
    DD #2 {12-31-2009}
    2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
    TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We did 3-7 this past cycle, hoping it would make me O earlier- I still O'd on cd 20 though. I honestly think the trigger helped me get my BFP- I think my ovulation was still pretty weak w/ Clomid, and the trigger shot was just what we needed to get a BFP. GL hon!

• Options

I am on my first cycle of Clomid and took it on CD 5-9.  I can't help explain what the difference is though.

It appears to have helped me ovulate earlier.  Previous cycles I would ovulate anywhere from CDs 19-23.  I am on CD 15 and believe I will ovulate soon (which is unheard of for me!!!!).

Good luck!

DD 11/7/04, DS 6/24/06, Chemical Pregnancy 6/08, TTC #3

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
  • Options

I had the best luck when I took it cd 1-5 but that's not typical.

In theory, days 3-7 of Clomid lead to more follicles and fewer side effects on the lining and the mucus. Days 5-9 lead to better development of just a few follicles. It seems to make a difference for some women and does not make any difference in others. Little conclusive research on the issue exists.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ditto MrsReem.  That's what my RE told me as well.

Either way, I hope you get your BFP soon!

• Options
    imageMrs.Reem:

I had the best luck when I took it cd 1-5 but that's not typical.

In theory, days 3-7 of Clomid lead to more follicles and fewer side effects on the lining and the mucus. Days 5-9 lead to better development of just a few follicles. It seems to make a difference for some women and does not make any difference in others. Little conclusive research on the issue exists.

I've heard the same thing.  3-7 gives you more, but weaker, 5-9 is stronger but fewer.  My doc instructed me to go 5-9. 

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"