Adoption

Help me with a gift...

Hi girls...I have a dear friend who is becoming a foster parent. ?They are expecting the baby any time in the next month. ?I would love to get them something special. ?They registered, so I will of course get them something they need, but I want to get them something special too. ?Just not sure what to do. ?They are hoping to adopt from this foster program, but their first baby may not be their forever baby...

should I wait until they get their forever baby before I get them a special little gift? ?And what are your suggestions? Thanks so much - she and I went through infertility together and I ended up getting pregnant through IVF, and she is growing her family this way, and I am so so thrilled for them.?

DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help me with a gift...

• What about a gift certificate to a photo studio for some professional photos of the child?
  • imageDragonfly_Bride:
    What about a gift certificate to a photo studio for some professional photos of the child?

i think that would be a nice gift!

• Loading the player...
  • imagekatiejo11:

imageDragonfly_Bride:
    What about a gift certificate to a photo studio for some professional photos of the child?

i think that would be a nice gift!

I love that idea, too.  If they adopt this first baby or if he/she goes back to the parents, either way it will be a treasure!

The other idea I had was maybe a pre-made scrapbook that she can fill in with pics they take, but the time-consuming part is already done.  My best friend sent me one that came from Hallmark, but you could make your own if you're crafty like that.  :)

• On the same idea thread....a gift certificate to Mypublisher or something similar...
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"