2nd Trimester

Round ligament tear

So, I started getting a horrible stabbing pain in my lower right side of my abdomen on Thursday night, I figured I just pushed myself too hard during the day and needed to rest, but when I woke up this morning the pain had not gone away, and increasingly got worse as my work day progressed.. 

I called my doctor to see what I should do and she fit me in for an ultrasound of my appendix and my ovaries..

Well, baby is fine, appendix is fine and my ovaries are fine (thankful thankful)

But apparently I have torn my right round ligament of my uterus & I am on bedrest until my monthly appointment on Monday.

Anyone else have this problem before? 

Is there anything  I can do to alleviate the pain (other than my script of tylenol)?

How long were you on bedrest? 

.... I'm such a busy person, I can't stand this :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Round ligament tear

• wow...you just hurt me by me reading your post. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I hope you feel better soon!
  • Oh jeeze! That sounds so painful. Rest up and hopefully the dr. will give you the all clear on Monday.
  • Loading the player...
  • Did your doctor say what might have caused it? I have not heard of this happening before I was just curious.
  • she's not sure. I'm trying to figure it out.

It could be anything from overexerting myself during yoga, to walking up and down stairs, being on top during sex (TMI, I know), or the fact that I have a wonky anatomy (I have about an inch of space between my hips and my ribcage, so baby is all in the front.)

• Goodness, this sounds so painful!  You'll have to fill us in on what the dr. said caused it.  I hope that they can do something to give you a little relief!
  • Pain I can handle..

It's the boredom that's getting to me

• Hi, I know it's been more than a year since you posted this, but I'm hoping you might still get notice of posts and would be able to help me.  Last night I ended up in the hospital because my round ligament pain became unbearable.  They checked my appendix and ovaries and everything looked okay.  The babies were fine too (I have twins).  They finally got the pain under control and sent me home with Tylenol with codeine.  I plan on sitting still for the next couple of days and taking the meds as needed, but I'm wondering what your prognosis was.  Did the ligament heal in a couple of days?  Did it come back?  How far along were you in your pregnancy?  Any tips? Did you take the pain meds? 

They think mine may have torn since I'm little, having twins, the twins are running big and are super active. 

Any help would be very much appreciated.  I'm just scared and in pain. 

Thank you.

• Hello,

I am having twins and have the same problem. I have an excruciating pain on the lower right hand side. I am on 32 weeks and went to the IR twice. First time, i was put on Flexerol, and the next time after observation, was upgraded to Tylenol-3 and pain patches. Babies are reported to be fine. Now i have constipation and pain moved to the lower front-side.  Pls post any suggestions.

Thanks

• I don't have the exact same problem, but I pulled my round ligament and that was painful enough!  I bought a maternity belt - it's a super duty and very supportive.  I got it for about 30 dollars at Babies R Us and it has really given me a lot of relief.  The one I got has a belt around the bottom of my tummy and a belt that supports my back.  It's velcro and while there are 6 steps on the back of the box it isn't hard at all to put on. 

I hope it helps you!  If you were at 32 weeks with twins a month ago you may already be done - so jealous - but either way I hope all is well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"