Cincinnati Babies
Options

summer camp?

I know my DD is much older than most of the kiddos on this board but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask...

Does anyone know of any summer camps that aren't coed?  I'd really like to allow Sophi to go to camp for a week this summer but I'm not liking any of the options we've gotten info for (Camp Ernst, Camp Webb)..

I feel like a super lame & over protective mom... but all these programs are week long and coed, and for 5th to 8th graders...

If it were just a bunch of other 5th graders I wouldn't be too concerned... Sophi is a really good girl and I trust her.... but something about 8th grade boys being around my daughter just rubs me the wrong way (DH too)... and I would like to think that older boys don't pay attention to younger girls but sadly... we are learning they do.  The trouble is my DD looks a helluva lot older than she is... she's got real boobs! And she just turned 11!! I swear I didn't get boobs till I was like 16, I have no idea where her's came from...

So, anyway... sorry for the rambling... just wondering if anyone knows of any ALL girls summer camp programs :)

Thanks!

Hannah

Re: summer camp?

• Options
    Are you looking for an overnight program?  The Girl Scouts of Western Ohio offer summer camps.  I never went to one, but they were pretty popular when I was growing up.  If she isn't already a Girl Scout, I believe she could probably join for a very small fee and just not participate with a troop during the school year if she doesn't want to.  Here's their website:  https://camps.girlscoutsofwesternohio.org/Default.htm.
  • Options

Hey - I found this list online. There's way more day camps out there than I thought! Some of them are noted as being for girls only.

https://www.wlwt.com/news/299555/detail.html

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the suggestions - and the list on channel 5's website is great!!

She's already doing 2 different 1 week "day camp" type things... one for music and one for art.  She really wants to do a "real" summer/sleep away camp though... and I feel like she's old enough for that big step :) As sad as it makes me... I just don't want there to be any boys there! Stick out tongue

Through the school year she is *so* busy... you'd think she'd want to lounge in the summer.. nope, she's busy planning all sorts of things :)  I'm happy to oblige though because I know I'm going have my hands full with a baby and a 4 year year old so at least having these things lined up will give her something fun and constructive to do instead of just being stuck with us :)

Thanks again ladies!

Hannah

• Options
    My DS went to camp every summer.  He went to Camp Kern and Camp Joy.  The programs were co ed, but they do a nice job of keeping boys and girls separated when it matters-at night etc.  Camp Kern had a Survivor themed camp that he LOVED.  It was themed similar to the TV show (but no one got voted off), and he went two years in a row.  Horse camp and eco camp were ones he loved too.  They keep them so busy that they don't have time to worry about what the other kids are doing.  HTH
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"