2nd Trimester
Options

Receiving blankets for summer baby?

I registered for 2 cotton swaddle me blankets and wanted to also register for a pack of lite receiving blankets but the majority of the receiving blankets are flannel.

Am I going to need flannel receiving blankets for an August baby?  I know I could just put them in a diaper or a onesie underneath but will they be too hot with flannel?

Maybe I'm just over thinking this...

Re: Receiving blankets for summer baby?

• Options
    I say get whatever recieving blanket you want although flannel might be a little too warm.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    afgafg member
    Or is it that they're all flannel and I just don't know what I'm talking about? Confused
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it would be good to get a couple.  When you take the baby places in August there will be air conditioning blasting so you might still end up trying to keep the baby warm in August.  I'm glad you asked that, I wasn't even thinking about it until now, I should get a couple too.
  • Options
    Most of the flannel receiving blankets are very thin and after a couple washes are nice and soft. I think it will be fine. We have several for DS and also got a few light cotton thermal blankets to drape over him if we are out in a restaurant or somewhere with cold AC.
  • Options

I registered for some cotton blankets- but get flannel too, if you have AC in your home, the baby will need to be in a semi- warmer blanket.

I am an august baby, my mom did the same, kept me mostly in Diapers and a short sleeved onesie with a cotton blanket.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You may need them in the winter.
  • Options
    I registered for the thinner cotton ones at Target. We don't have great a/c in our house, so nights will be quite warm.
  • Options
    I think a lot of the ones that come in the packages are lighter weight material, like a cotton waffle sort of thing. But like pp's said, with the AC you might want a heavier blanket, especially if its blowing right into babies room. There are definately lighter weight ones out there, though.
  • Options
    Yes I would still get some, to keep baby warm in A/C, to block sun, to use in the fall etc. In Ontario we also use rolled up receiving blankets to help position baby in the carseat. So any girls fromt his area need 4-6 extra just for that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

you can use them when it gets cooler in the fall - which it will soon after baby is born.

three Martha's makes a GREAT blanket- it's really thin and really big- great for swaddling large babies... I have a few and love them.

• Options
    I'm in NC, too, I figure baby will still be small enough that when it gets cooler, the receiving blankets will be useful for neighborhood walks or short trips from inside to the car. After all, in NC, we really won't be needing a bulky winter coat, so the blankets will help in that 3-8 month phase.
    Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • Options

I just bought a four pack of these...

https://www.adenandanais.com/muslin-wraps.html

They had them at my BRU on sale for $27 a couple of weeks ago and they had all kinds of cute prints. 

my blog: mama quiere beso
    Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories
  • Options
    I think you would want some...I'm having a July baby and we registered for all sorts of receiving blankets..mostly flannel...b/c you will have AC on, and you're baby will only be about 3 months old when it gets to be winter time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've seen several that are just long john material like that waffel material...I'm blanking on what it's called right now...lol (pregnant brain) I've seen them at Target and they are cute and not as heavy as the flannel ones. ?Thats what I'm thinking about doing because I'm due June 30. ?:D
  • Options
    I have muslin ones for summer that are really light and breathable.
    Baby E: July 3, 2009 Baby M: February 22, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"