Illinois Babies

Hinsdale Hospital

I curently go to a Dr. that is located in Downers Grove but delivers at Hinsdale Hospital. I know it is an older hospital but has any one on here delivered there. How was the experience, the staff, and the baby care?

Re: Hinsdale Hospital

• I am also delivering there.  I have only heard wonderful things about the hospital.  They recently did a huge renovation, which I have not seen, but here is beautiful.  When they did their renovation, they also upgraded and now have a Level III neo-natal unit, which is the highest possible.  The only othere Level III is Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn.  I am very excited to be delivering there. 

My husband was hospitalized 2 years ago there, and I could not believe the level of care and service he received.  The rooms were private, clean and had all the amenities.  Not to mention, that you weren't waiting around for a nurse.  When you paged them, they were there within a matter of seconds.

They do offer a tour of the labor and delivery area.  Call the front desk to set up an appointment.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am delivering there too and we just finished our childbirth classes and with that we had a tour. The birthing rooms  are amazing!! Post partum rooms are kinda small but they also have big ones.  Ill hopefully be able to tell you more in a week or two :) But I love Hinsdale and would recommend it to anyone.
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered there back in October of 2006 with the birth of my son and had a great experience. ?Everyone was very nice and helpful and my husband loved the snack room! ?I'll be there again in May for my next son.

Hope that helps!

Kelly

?

• I delivered both my daughters there -- January '07 and January '09 -- and was very happy with the staff, etc. there.  The actual birthing rooms are nice and big, but within a couple of hours of the birth, you are moved to a post-partum room which is much smaller.  There are some larger rooms, but those can accommodate two patients and there is always a chance they could be very busy and you could need to share.  With my first daughter, I was lucky enough to get one of the larger rooms all to myself.  The nurses are great and the lactation nurses are awesome.  If you plan to nurse, take the lactation nurses up on all their help -- call them every time you go to feed the baby and make sure you feel comfortable with it before you head home -- it will really help you be more successful at it.

We took our childbirth class there and thought it was a good class.  Would recommend it.

If you need a good pediatrician in Downers, I would highly recommend Drs. Ofelia and Cathleen Ayuste (mother-daughter team).  Their practice is located on Main St. in downtown DG and they practice at Hinsdale Hospital so they can be the baby's doctors from day 1.  They've taken very good care of our babies : )

• I delivered DS at Hinsdale on 7-9-08.  He came at 35w 6d and I was REALLY glad I was at a hospital w/ a level III NICU b/c there was a neonatologist there and he was really taken care of.  My only complaint was that I did not get to talk to the neonatologists and had to get a lot of info from the nurses in the NICU during his stay.  But, I think having a crappy group of pedis who didn't give me good updates and not being as demanding as I could have been added to this.

The nurses were fantastic.  I only had to say that I wanted a natural labor once and each nurse must have told the next one because they did not bug me about getting an epi (which I was a little concerned about).  At least one of my nurses was a Lamaze instructor. The nurse that was there when I delivered actually stayed 3 hrs past the end of her shift to transition me to the next room and get settled. 

It was really busy when we got there, so I had to do about 12 hrs of labor in a smaller room, but when they moved me over it was much better.  Also, I was able to stay in my room for 2 extra days after I was released (they just couldn't bring me food or meds) to stay closer to DS.  I actually could have stayed longer but I needed to get home to my own bed.  They said I could stay for as long as they didn't need the room.

My only warning about the LCs is to do your own research first.  I took all of my classes at the hospital and for the most part they were ok, but I didn't know, for example, that a nipple sheild could cause supply problems and they gave me one to use and I regret that.  Again, though, I was so out of it for those first couple of days I wasn't there to feed him every 2 hours and we struggled.  But, if you just have latch issues or need to know about pumping they are great.

I hope that covers it!  Oh, I also asked a nurse to go into the bathroom with me every single time I had to pee for two days.  I was nervous about falling and about clots and they were great.  Every nurse I had was supportive and the frozen diapers rock!

• I will be delivering at hinsdale too. I had 2 surgeries last year and their care there was great. I found the nurses to be very attentive and caring.

When are you due?

****DS 6/1/09 **** DD 10/13/10****
  • I have not delivered there but plan to in December.  I was there back in January of this year and stayed overnight and had a wonderful experience with the doctors, nurses and the rest of the Hinsdale staff!! I'm hoping I'll have an equally great experience in December.

• Hinsdale is awsome I just had mines...July 12th I love the doctors and residence...doctor anania is mine ...really great
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"