We got a call on Monday regarding a possible placement. The e-mom was 26 weeks pregnant but has already gone into labor once and the doctors would not stop labor next time so it would be likely that the baby would spend 10+ weeks in NICU. The baby would also be 5 or more hours away (they couldn't tell us exactly). There were just too many variables. DH & I know we made the right decision for us at this time but it still hurts. We were filling out our grad school forms for the fall and we listed that we anticipate having a child by fall but sometimes we wonder if things will ever fall into place.