Baby Showers

Shower help!!!

I'm throwing a shower for my best friend who is on bed rest. There are going to be 8 women at the shower (including me AND her).  What do I do with 8 women??? I feel like that is such a low attendance. 

Re: Shower help!!!

• Although I'm not  really a fan of games & activities during showers, with 8 people you can really do some fun stuff.. like decorating the onesies, etc...  I think it can be alot of fun with a small group, and at the same time not break the bank.  I'm sure you'll get some fun ideas here too.
  • i'm assuming bed rest means she's stuck in bed except for potty breaks right?  why not do something like a breakfast in bed shower and have the guests show up in their pajamas. do breakfast items for the food and serve the mommy-to-be her breakfast on a nice tray in bed.  guests could bring chairs into the bedroom or sit on the bed with her. kind of like a slumber party when you were little where everyone just piled into the bedroom.  you've got just the right amount of people to keep it initimate for her situation.

before the shower you could offer to go to your friend's house and tidy things up since i'm guessing she's not doing much house cleaning. ??  make the bedroom look nice and uncluttered if you're all going to hang out in there.

good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • imagePoliceman's Bride:

i'm assuming bed rest means she's stuck in bed except for potty breaks right?  why not do something like a breakfast in bed shower and have the guests show up in their pajamas. do breakfast items for the food and serve the mommy-to-be her breakfast on a nice tray in bed.  guests could bring chairs into the bedroom or sit on the bed with her. kind of like a slumber party when you were little where everyone just piled into the bedroom.  you've got just the right amount of people to keep it initimate for her situation.

before the shower you could offer to go to your friend's house and tidy things up since i'm guessing she's not doing much house cleaning. ??  make the bedroom look nice and uncluttered if you're all going to hang out in there.

good luck!

I think this is a great idea!  And w/ a such small group - i think I'd focus on making it a more intimate, fun, "girls day" than I would a "shower". 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Along with the onesie decorating idea, I went to a small shower where we each drew what we thought the baby would look like. (It happened to be fall, so we drew on mini-pumpkins, but you could have them draw on anything). The point was guessing whose nose the baby would have, and whose eyes, etc. It was fun to do with a small group so that you could actually see and talk about all of the potential 'babies' and would be hard to do at a large shower.

Love the PJ and breakfast in bed idea too!

• imagePoliceman's Bride:

i'm assuming bed rest means she's stuck in bed except for potty breaks right?  why not do something like a breakfast in bed shower and have the guests show up in their pajamas. do breakfast items for the food and serve the mommy-to-be her breakfast on a nice tray in bed.  guests could bring chairs into the bedroom or sit on the bed with her. kind of like a slumber party when you were little where everyone just piled into the bedroom.  you've got just the right amount of people to keep it initimate for her situation.

good luck!

I like this idea and instead of games you could pamper each other. Like you would at a pj party. That would be a real fun shower and something different.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You could have them design scrap book pages that your friend could later add pictures to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"