Secondary IF

Got my beta info

Sooo.... quick history: I relocated to RI from Boston just after Tommy was born in April. I hadn't sought out a new OB or RE here and my old ones are too far away. So I went to my new PCP for a blood draw yesterday. I asked the phlebotomist if the "Pregnancy Test" was qualitative (meaning the result is either positive or negative) or quantitative (giving a beta level). She said it was quantitative. She was wrong.

So I called my doctor's office today at 2:30 after not receiving a call back...

My result was positive, of course, but thaqt's it. NO BETA!!!!!!!
I was like, um, "I'm a neurotic past IF, M/C, EP survivor (not using abbreviations, of course). I need to know my levels and if they double....What can be done?"

"If something goes wrong within a week, we can rerun the same blood sample to get a number."

If something goes wrong?!?! Wrong thing to say to me. WHat good will knowing the beta in retrospect do? C'mon.

So I guess I will experience this pregnancy from the side of "normal" pregnancies where the mom-to-be knows nothing about 2ww's, beta levels or doubling, p4 levels.....

Will this lack of contol make or break me? I guess I have no choice.

Re: Got my beta info

• Oh you poor thing! I am sure it is fine, but I would want that number too!
  • I actually like this much better for me.  Both times I've freaked wondering if it was doubling.  Just try to relax and enjoy being pregnant!  Will you get a HB scan soon?
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no...that totally stinks. ?I know my RE has told me if I ever get a BFP to call them and they will draw a beta and do an u/s to make sure it is not in my tube
  • Oh that stinks!  But at least they confirmed your pregnancy... hang in there.  You'll see and hear that heart beat soon!
  • That really stinks!!! But congrats on the BFP!!!!!
  • Okay, the digital would have given you the yes or no you were after!!  Do these people not realize how much we need DETAILS!!!

Congrats on the Yes though!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"