Orange County Babies

39 weeks - So over it

Any tips on getting through the next 2 weeks when I'm just so over this pregnancy? ha ha!

I lost my mucous plug on Monday (and a few more bits yesterday). Now it's just an even more monotonous waiting game. I read on average that women don't go more than 5 days after losing their plug. My mom lost hers with both me and my sister and then had us the very next day. I guess I bucked that trend!

We're just ready for our little guy to get here already! I'm working up until I go into labor and this morning it was a real struggle to get out of bed. I just want to stay home and take care of a baby, not go to work real work.

Re: 39 weeks - So over it

• man, that must be torture!  You wake up each morning thinking, hmmm, could today be his birthday?  haha Good luck, and hang in there!
  • Yeah, it doesn't help when every night and morning DH says "You gonna have him today? How about today? tonight?". If I knew...don't you think I'd tell you to buckle up!?! Stick out tongue
  • Loading the player...
  • More power to you for still working!  I planned on doing that, but ended up taking leave 2 weeks prior to my due date...I was just way too tired!  I ended up going 4 days past my due date, but was glad to have the time to make sure I had everything how I wanted before things got turned upside-down (like major cleaning, etc).  It might sound funny, but you might want to try reading some books on parenting, if you haven't already.  I read so many books on pregnancy, but none on parenting, LOL!  You probably won't have the time to do so (or not a lot anyway) when the little guy comes.  I know for me, though, my job was waaaaayyy easier than being home with a baby...I love him more than anything, but he was not an easy baby.  All babies are different, though, so hopefully, you have an easy baby!  He's much better now, but it took about 4 months before I really started enjoying the parenting thing...before that, again, I loved him, but I think it was all about survival for all of us!  Best of luck and just try to enjoy the last few days while you still get to feel those kicks (I miss that about pregnancy)! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You're so close!!  As over it as you are, you'll forget it just as quickly.  I was certain that I would never forget how miserable I felt at the end...turns out I was wrong.
    I worked until I went into labor, too.  Although I delivered at exactly 38 weeks so I didn't even get to wrap up the projects I was working on.  Perhaps you'll have your little guy tomorrow and he can share a bday with mine :)
    GL before you know it you'll be holding him in your arms! 

forcing sisterly love since 07.06.10
  • Thanks for the advice and encouragement. It definitely helps.

I have been reading. I finished my WTEWYE and other pg books, so I picked up What to Expect the 1st Year and Baby 411. I love Baby 411. I've been sucked into that for about 2-3 chapters a night. It's nice to have an overview now and then I can go back and quick reference as I need it. I really need/want to pick up The Nursing Companion so I can start reading up on that. I really want to bfeed as long as possible. I have bad allergies and asthma, so I'm hoping to bfeed as long as possible to prevent that in our little guy, not to mention all the other added benefits we'll both get, and its CHEAP! ha ha. I don't know how much info I'll actually retain from our classes and then reading, but we'll see. My brain feels like mush these days. I have lists all over at home and at work to keep track of what I've done and what I need to do. My mom says the memory doesn't get any better. LOL!

• imagedisney_bride10:

I really need/want to pick up The Nursing Companion so I can start reading up on that. I really want to bfeed as long as possible. I have bad allergies and asthma, so I'm hoping to bfeed as long as possible to prevent that in our little guy, not to mention all the other added benefits we'll both get, and its CHEAP! ha ha. I don't know how much info I'll actually retain from our classes and then reading, but we'll see. My brain feels like mush these days. I have lists all over at home and at work to keep track of what I've done and what I need to do. My mom says the memory doesn't get any better. LOL!

I loved The Nursing Companion...a wonderful resource to have!!!  And sadly, my memory is now horrible :(  I used to have an excellent memory...now I definitely need lists, whether I'm going to Target or trying to get stuff done in the day.  If I don't write it down, I won't remember it until days later, LOL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • oh boy, that is the worst time!!!!  i feel for you.

not really any tips but relax as much as you can now.  everyone says it, you are too uncomfortable to relax nor do you want to due to be anxious. 

• :::sending you some labor dust:::

You'll be holding your little guy soon! 

• I know what you are feeling - the last few weeks are the worst!  My advice is to take the last couple weeks to just pamper yourself - get a mani and a pedi, go out for nice dinners with your husband and cherish those times, because life will be changing soon!

I worked up until I delivered too - well, I worked up till a week past my due date, then could not force myself up and out at 41 weeks pg in the middle of July!

• Hope you get to meet your lil one soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"