Birth Stories

Fast and natural

Friday March 6 I had my 38 week dr appt - no progress at all. On Thursday March 12,
I woke up around 5 am with some bad period like cramps. starting watching the clock and they were 8-9 minutes apart. Everyone told me you'll know what a contraction is, the real ones you can't talk through. So I got up and watched the clock. DH got up like normal I said sure go to work I think I'll go in late maybe. I really was thinking we'd be at the hospital sometime that night.  About 10:30am the pain was more real, I called DH and told him to come home for lunch.  By the time he got home about noon the contractions were real - I was screaming through them down on all fours trying to get comfortable. they were about 5 minutes apart, so we were packing up the car. Got to the hospital at 12:50 got a wheelchair and was put in the waiting room. We have one big hospital in Huntsville and evidently the womens center is always crazy busy. I sat in the waiting room for almost 30 minutes and my water broke. I got my own LDR room at 1:30, they got the IV in but said I was too far along to get an epidural. WHAT! I had no intention of doing this thing natural ! Well nearly an hour into pushing my dr offered the vacuum. 2 pushes later and she was out at 2:27pm.
I've read so many birth stories and really doubted I'd have anything so fast, so I had to share my story. This was a first pregnancy/birth for me, so I'm a little nervous the second will be even faster. Good parts - I did not pump my system full of drugs so I think it helped recovery and yes it was very rough for an hour but it was just an hour of pushing. Bad part - evidently really fast labors dont give your body time to stretch usually resulting in a bad tear. I had a 4th degree tear (hole to hole) and my dr took 30 minutes stitching me up. Almost 2 weeks later I still prefer to sit on a pillow in some chairs.
Baby Allison Milena is doing great coming in at 6 lbs 10 oz. Breastfeeding is one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Re: Fast and natural

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"