Parenting
Options

Is shaving your bikini area in a communal shower acceptable?

DD & I were at the pool for her swimming lesson on Satuday. The lady in the shower beside us was shaving her bikini area. Like I want that hair floating down by dd's feet. YUCK. I am getting her flip flops for the pool now.

Do you agree, or am I being a total prude and this is okay to do?

Re: Is shaving your bikini area in a communal shower acceptable?

• Options
    Shaving in a commucal shower is NOT COOL! You are not being a total prude, just a sane and hygenic person. Smile
  • Options
    Ewww... that should definitely be done at home!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SullaSulla member

I'm going with a big fat no.

I wouldn't even shave my legs in public.

• Options
    Ick!
    DD 7.28.06 * DS 3.29.10

Christmas 2011
  • Options

nooooooooooooooooooooooooIck!

communal showers are for quick showers...go in, soap up, wash hair, get out.

all shaving should be done in privacy of your own shower...

did she clip her toenails after she got done with her shower???  NASTY!!!

• Options

honestly, i say you're being a little prude. although i would in no way be comfortable shaving my bikini area where people could watch me (i'm not really comfortable showering in general where people can see me) so the visual is tacky for sure.

but in terms of the hair and the shaving, it's tough to draw lines really. i mean, if she was all out going brazilian in there and busting out the shaver with wads of hair then that's out of line, but just shaving your legs and continuing higher doesnt seem like gross hair in the shower abuse to me.

• Options
    That would definitely sick me out! EW!
  • Options

washing body odor, body juices, hair on your head, pubes or head hair that falls out naturally is a-ok to go down the drain in a communal shower -- but not shaved pubes? oh.

Personally, I shave at home but I would not care if others did it one bit. And everyone should prob wear flip flops in a communal shower.

• Options

oh, maybe i misinterpreted communal for being community. like, public showers versus one big shower room. my answer sort of still stands, i dont have a problem with others shaving their legs in there as long as no visible hair. i wouldnt be comfortable showering in one of those types of showers in general.

i was picturing the public showers like at a gym... not sure if that's seen the same way by everyone here or not?

• Options
    Eww. If you need to do some maintenance, take care of it at home.
    Big Brother Logan Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Miles Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Bryan Smith - Freelance Photography Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    coktcokt member
    That is so gross. I literally think I would throw up if someone was shaving anything next to me in a shower. Let alone their bikini area. Not OK.
  • Options
    Oh god.

*le puke*
    Nora Judith 7/2/06 Miles Chauncey 4/20/09 born with Trisomy 21 - Down syndrome
  • Options
    That's just all kinds of ick. I don't even like DH coming in the bathroom while I'm trimming up the goods. But in public shower....that's just gross.
    Liam is 5!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"