Stay at Home Moms
Options

What do you do for fun w/baby?

It's finally starting to get warm enough to go places and do things outdoors, but I have no idea what to do with her outside the house!  I know she's not really old enough to get much out of these daytrips, but any ideas are appreciated!  What kind of things do you do with your LO's?
TTC #2 since 2/2010 DX PCOS BFP #1 4/1/08, DD born 12/5/08 BFP #2 2/3/12, m/c 2/14/12 BFP #3 4/27/12 EDD 12/31/12 Hoping for a sticky baby! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Minus the shed, perfect pic web

Re: What do you do for fun w/baby?

• Options
    When he was that age, we visited friends, took walks, went to the store... he loved being in the Baby Bjorn at that age!  I loved having him right there to tell him what everything was.
  • Options

*Walks around our neighborhood

*Trips to Target

*Aquarium - they love to watch the fish swim and all the bright colors/movement

*Parks - just being outside laying on a blanket is fun and a change of scenery w/all news sounds/smells/sights.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    we walk A LOT!  stroller and carrier around the neighborhood and we have parks nearby.  meet friends for lunch.  playdates 2 x month.  lots of target and grocery store runs.   
  • Options
    Aside from the usual running errands and the park, we'd swim, go on walks or just throw a blanket down in the backyard with some toys and play outside for a change.
  • Options
    Our library offer's story time one morning a week (yes even for that age), playgroups, zoo...I know its akward, but being a SAHM is like preschool, we have to find friends who are in our same boat or we go nuts at home all day...
  • Options
    Well, my daughter is 20 months but when she was younger I took her to the Zoo a lot. She loved the goats!
  • Options

imagewhosethatgirl:
    Our library offer's story time one morning a week (yes even for that age), playgroups, zoo...I know its akward, but being a SAHM is like preschool, we have to find friends who are in our same boat or we go nuts at home all day...

Amen.

Our neighborhood has a bunch of SAHMs, so we set up playgroup. We get together Tuesday mornings and take turns hosting. DS and I also hit storytime every week. The library is a lifesaver for me. I get books on tape and listen to them during the day. It's a great alternative to watching TV.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options

we tried the aquarium with our DD (she's 10 months) and when a giant fish started swimming towards her she freaked out! Started screaming- and not in the good, cute way!

LOL- we joked that it's obvious that she's not ready for Sea World!Stick out tongue

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"