D.C. Area Babies

Fluoride?

Anyone know about infants' fluoride needs once they start teething?  DD is mostly BF but we do supplement with a little formula - maybe 6oz per weekday.  Sometimes we use tap water for the formula, sometimes bottled (no fluoride) but still 6oz isn't much from which to get fluoride and of course BM has none.    

I forgot to ask the pedi last week.

Re: Fluoride?

• Baby 411 says 4-6 oz of fluoridated water a day is probably fine. 
  • I would start using tap water.  I was just at the dentist the other day and he said they are starting to see more issues with young children because their parents are giving them bottled water instead of water from the tap which has the fluoride in it that they need.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Loading the player...
  • I would use tap water exclusively when you do formula.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • You would still boil the tap water, right?  I don't know why I thought of this, but it may be a silly question. 

• When we use tap water for sippy cups or bottles, we just give it as is.  It has been treated prior to coming to your tap...

If we were on well water, then yes, I'd probably boil it.

• imagenorthernvabride:

You would still boil the tap water, right?  I don't know why I thought of this, but it may be a silly question. 

We would just use filtered tap water - no boiling even back when we were making formula with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"