South Florida Babies

Moms of 2+, Pregnancy question...

Do you feel like your 2nd pg was very much the same as the 1st?

Did you have the same fatigue, morning sickness, weight gain, etc? Or was it completely different? Did you have some similarities between the two(or more) or is every baby so different that it makes your pregnancy completely different?

Just some things that I have been thinking about...just curious I guess =)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Moms of 2+, Pregnancy question...

• ooohhh??????????  lol  just out of simple curiosities or something more?????????  :-D 

• My two pregnancies were completely different. However, the beginning symptoms were ths same -- a lot of fatigueness. 

WIth the first - very little morning sickness, Eli had the hiccups every single day and was positioned very high, over my ribs, and very uncomfortable. I gained at least 50lbs. 

With the second, I had morning sickness every day through the first trimester, I gained 27lbs, and she was positioned very low causing excrutiating pain to the groin area.  I could not sit for long periods of time in the last trimester.   

Labor and delivery were very different as well.  The first was a long 19 hours of varying contractions (I went to the hospital three times before admitted).  The second time around -- contractions were consistent and got harder as the day drew on -- a total of 5 hours. I presented 10cm dialated and she was crowning. 

My birth plans were the opposite too.  WIth Eli I wanted an all natural birth. But wound up on pitocin and receiving an epi simply because I was exhausted by the time I was admitted.  With Chelsea I wanted an epi but because the labor was fast -- there was no time for anything other than to push. 

For me, the second time around was easier.  I was more experienced and knew exactly what to expect.  I guess, the only similarity between the two -- was how I loved being pregnant and enjoyed every kick, hiccup, swirling motion I experienced.  Enjoy!

• Loading the player...
  • LOL! NO!! Not pregnant with #2 yet! At least I don't think =)

But, I have to admit, it has been going through my mind...eeek! Can you tell we have a teething break in my house and my daughter has been an angel?! It makes you start to think, "oh, this isn't so bad anymore, maybe we can have more..." I know, I'm crazy to be thinking like this!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Too funny!!  Tis the season!!
  • Mine is been pretty much the same when it comes to feeling sick. I have been blessed both times and only have felt nauseous a few times, a few vomiting episodes and more or less the same?tiredness.?

?Now this pregnancy I have gained a few more pounds maybe 40 total ( Diego I gained 35).

The position of this is being a bit of a challenge for me since I never had a problem reaching my legs or my toes..lol with Diego. I guess that being head down made a difference for me.

?Now, this pregnancy was much, much easier in?reference?to being worry since many things I had?experience?with Diego and knew where alright. You still worry, I know I did but to a lessen level.?

It went by so much faster as well.

?Now....When are you going to gives us the good news?.....lol

?Barbie?

• i think about it all the time too jen...glad to know im not alone ;)
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Jen!!! Wait a few more months. Those teething breaks will do that to you. It puts baby back in your head and then BAM you end up with a mean ole toddler and don't want any more kids. I'm back in the mean ole toddler stage so right now Mikey can be an only child! LOL
  • I'm with you Jen!!! The closer that Mikey gets to turning one..the more I catch myself thinking about when to start TTC #2!!! I want to wait until at least sometime next year...our little ones are growing waaaayyyyy too fast!!! Wink
    ~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My pregnancies were different, although both were fairly easy.  I noticed much more fatigue and definitely more nausea with my second.  I was ravenous during my first pregnancy and not at all during my second, which may account for the fact that my weight gain was different: 40 lbs with the first and 25 with the second.

Tania

• I was crazy tired in my first trimester with Noah but other than that, I never looked better, never felt better, was NEVER sick.  With Kate I was tired during my first trimester but being a SAHM I got to nap when Noah did and I was fine, it wasn't nearly as bad as the first time.  However with my second I was huge, it was summer (I was HOT), I had morning sickness until 13 weeks, was gross and pukey, and I looked awful.  I also had to keep up with a two year old.  I gained 30 pounds with Noah and 8 with Kate.  I blame a lot of it on the sex of my children since I fall within the old wives' tales completely.  My deliveries were completely different too - vaginal with Noah, c-section with Kate.  You never know how it will effect you but it is totally worth it!  I'm so glad I had my kids close-ish in age!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"