D.C. Area Babies

Child birth prep class at Alexandria Hospital

Did anyone take this? What are your thoughts? We were all set to take Bradley classes but that fell through for medical reasons. I'm really running out of time but I want to take a worthwhile class. TIA.

Re: Child birth prep class at Alexandria Hospital

• I posted about this a couple of months back. I was tyring to choose between Alexandria's child care prep class and Lamaze/Bradley. The feedback for Alexandria's course was ok...it seemed more neutral than good or bad. I ended up going for the Lamaze International 1 day course per someone's rec. Here's the website: https://www.lamaze-dc.com/classes.php

I just got the agenda today (we're going April 4th) so if you want to get a sense of what they are working on I can fwd it to you (ehatchuel at gmail).

Good luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We took the class and although it was helpful for my husband, it wasn't necessary for me (I took prenatal yoga).  Although we did some breathing exercises in the class, I don't think a 20 minute breathing session is adequate to prepare you for childbirth.  The majority of the class was focused on what to expect during the process both at the hospital and with your own body, not focusing on how to cope with it.  At this point, I couldn't tell you what the instructor at that class said, but I remember every word that Jennifer Moore (business is Moore than Yoga) said during class about how to regulate breathing.  HTH
  • Loading the player...
  • I was planning to take the Lamaze class since there's more focus on breathing than at the Hospital.

Let us know how it goes!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"