South Florida Babies
Options

How did you break the news?

Hey girls,

After watching that engagement clip I started reminiscing on how I told my husband we were pregnant (over lunch at P.F. Changs)! How did you all do it? This is my Monday entertainment, hehe.

Re: How did you break the news?

• Options
    I didn't really break the news to DH.  It was our first month TTC and we were in LA for a few days when I was supposed to get AF and he knew that I was supposed to get it.  It's funny b/c I packed pregnancy tests and tampons for the trip!!!  Anyway, he knew I was testing that morning so we found out together :)
    image image

• Options
    I wasn't feeling right when I woke up in the morning and just decided to test.  I immediately called my husband who was very happy - but nervous at the same time.  I tested two more times in the morning and then again the evening.  If that wasn't enough to convince him, nothing else would.  We told our parents the following day :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have the worst story ever and am determined to do better next time! I was laying in bed feeling very sick, thinking I must be pregnant (we were TTC but it was the first month so wasn't excpecting much) so I took a test. It came out positive and I was in shock, so I took the stick over to DH who was out on his computer and just handed it to him lol. He looked at it all confused saying "what does 2 lines mean?"

very boring :P I made it a lot more fun for my parents! I made them each t-shirts saying "#1 Grandma 10/27/08" (his due date) for each of them and for my sister and had them all open up their gifts at once. The look on their face was priceless and I wish I recorded it

• Options
    I had flown in the Monday after Vday.  Since we weren't able to spend it together he left me a gift to open when I got home.  That day I wasn't feeling to well and AF hadn't shown up.  I was a couple days late but didn't think I was pregnant.  But I took the test anyway, expecting it to be negative.  So low and behold it turns positive.  I didn't want to tell him at work so I waited for him to get home.  I wrapped up the test as a lil' gift and got him a card.  He expected it to be a gift for Vday.  At the end of the mushy card I wrote...PS We're receiving a bundle of joy at the end of this year, congrats daddy to be!!  He was over joyed and couldn't believe what he was reading.  He looked at the test for like 5 mins in shock. 
  • Options
    I screamed in the bathroom and dh came running in. showed him the stick. lots of happy screaming and yelling!
  • Options
    My BFP was an extremely faint line, so faint that I wasn't sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me, so I showed it to DH and asked him if he saw it too, which he did.  I had always thought I would make a big ta-da out of telling him I was pregnant, but that's just the way it worked out.  The next day I took a digital test and we waited for the results together.
  • Options
    we found out together.  i was sick... for a while, lol nesties who know me know why i lol at that part.  he bought the test for his sick as a dog wife, in his way home from work. i had seriously been in bed ALL day only getting up to pee and barf...i shoulda' known lol, and he had me pee on the stick, as fate would have it, i was PG and the rest as they say is history =]
  • Options

In the bathroom, tested, screamed,"BABE...." As soon as he popped his head in -- "We're pregnant"!  Happy tears and dance!  Did this the both times.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"