Birth Stories

Aubrey's Birth Story: Successful Induction

was scheduled for an induction on Tuesday March 17th: St. Patty's Day for 7:30am. I was really nervous as I have heard so many horror stories about inductions. I was already 1cm and 80% effaced so they just hooked me up to a pitocin drip and away we went. For the first hour nothing really happened, no pain but my nurse said I was having small contractions but I just couldn't feel them and by this point I was about 2cm. My doctor arrived around 11am to break my water. (That part HURT like nothing I have EVER felt before; it was hands down the worst part). It took 3 attempts and it felt really weird like I had peed all over myself. After she broke my water she check and I was 3cm and I immediately started feeling the contractions!! I am really glad I took the birthing classes as the breathing techniques were really helpful. DH was amazing and was by my side the whole time with whatever I needed. I elected for the epidural and got it around 12pm and by that time I was about 4cm. The epidural wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The IV hurt more than the epi did. It is seriously the best medical invention EVER! I praise women who can get through it drug free! After the epi thing went slow at first. Around 2pm they checked me and I was at 5cm but then by 5pm I was 8cm and climbing! By 6:30 I was full dilated and ready to push. The nurses were really impressed with my pushing skills while waiting for the Dr. to arrive. Again my birthing classes were really helpful. 5 minutes after the doctor came in I was able to push her out after the first contraction. Aubrey was born at 7:10pm and was 6 pounds 2 ounces and 19 inches long. We had a St. Patty's Day Baby and it's fitting cuz we're Irish! She's absolutely perfect and we couldn't be happier.

Re: Aubrey's Birth Story: Successful Induction

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"