Baby Names
Options

How is Coby "usually" spelled?

Coby or Colby?  Or is Colby more like Cole-bee?  We are nixing the Kobe because it just isn't "right" in our opinion :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How is Coby "usually" spelled?

• Options
    LMS05LMS05 member
    Coby and Colby are two different names. Colby is like the cheese.?
  • Options
    Hmm, those are two different names with two different pronunciations. It's much more commonly spelled Kobe. The name Colby sounds like KOL-bee, and is a lot more popular than Kobe or Coby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'd pronounce Coby as Co-bee, and Colby as Cole-bee (like the cheese).  I would spell something you want pronounced as Co-bee like you have it (Coby).  Kobe is Japanese steak. Smile  Kobe Bryant is the only time I've seen Kobe used as a person's name.  I know two Cobys IRL.

• Options
    I know a Koby.
  • Options
    LMS05LMS05 member
    I had a friend (girl) growing up named Colby.?
  • Options

There is that singer Colbie Calliat but when I hear Colby I think of cheese. That is pronounced Cole-bee. 

Coby or Kobe (like the pp said = steak) is pronounce co-bee. 

• Options

My friend's husband spells his name Kobie.

Kobe as in Kobe Bryant is pronounced as co-bee, but with regards to the steak it is pronounced like co-bay.

Colby is a cool name.

• Options

Colby was my dogs name. Pronounced either Cole-bee or Kobe (Bryant).

either way.

• Options
    I'd say Colby. Love that name-- for a boy OR a girl.
  • Options
    Colby is Col-bee.
    Oy with the poodles already!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Coby and Colby are different.  I know a little boy named Coby.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    you pronounce the L in colby, not in coby. i have known someone named coby but i still think it looks made up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our nephew's name is Koby Jacob.
  • Options
    I like Coby much much better than Colby. I always feel like CoLby is awkward to say. I like it with a K though as Koby. I think the "K" looks more masculine.
  • Options

No matter which you pick, you're always gonna get either:

"Wow, like the beef?"

or

"Wow, like the cheese?"

So I guess pick the lesser of two evils.  My cousin's DH is named Colby and it is a source of entertainment among my aunts and uncles.

Married in 2008 - DD born in 2010 - EDD 6.15.2012!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"